Easter Egger club!

Here's one of mine, all fluffed out with one of my SLW
20190610_203708.jpg

Here’s an EE that I’m sad I rehomed... I got this chick in my first batch of four this year and he kept attacking my tiny SS so I rehomed him and look at him now! So very interesting! And he was a light chick... View attachment 1810013View attachment 1810015
It's hard when the cockerels are figuring out how to be a rooster. Unfortunately, some of them are just awful without a role model. I'm pretty sure, at least, that the one I had would have benefitted greatly by having an alpha male around since most of his issues seemed to resolve around not having another male to kick his feathered backside once in a while. He'd spar with hens instead which is not good.

It's hard when the cockerels are figuring out how to be a rooster. Unfortunately, some of them are just awful without a role model. I'm pretty sure, at least, that the one I had would have benefitted greatly by having an alpha male around since most of his issues seemed to resolve around not having another male to kick his feathered backside once in a while. He'd spar with hens instead which is not good.
Well, I sent him away at only a few weeks old.. my SS was much happier after he was gone...

Back
Top Bottom