Easter Egger Color Variations

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
Is there anyway to judge which way EE chicks will look when they're grown? I've noticed lots of color and I think I like the lighter, more buff or blue/gray colored hens. Is there a way to pick those out when selecting them from the hatchery? Or can you order certain colored EE chicks?

Something like this,

6008_poops_026.jpg

(HennyPennies2007)

6weeks067.jpg

(Uppity Peon)

P5160241-1.jpg

(My Little Sister's Farm)

15879_img_1904.jpg

(Love my chickies!!)

Quote:
The first photo that is HennyPennies2007 is a true wheaten Ameraucana, hatched from eggs I purchased from Pips&Peeps.
wink.png
She's not an Easter Egger.

If you want lighter colored EEs that are more wheaten, then pick chicks that are as close to pure yellow/white as possible.

Last edited:
Quote:
The first photo that is HennyPennies2007 is a true wheaten Ameraucana, hatched from eggs I purchased from Pips&Peeps.
wink.png
She's not an Easter Egger.

If you want lighter colored EEs that are more wheaten, then pick chicks that are as close to pure yellow/white as possible.

She looks like a splash wheaten to me.

pips&peeps :

She looks like a splash wheaten to me.

She was lighter colored, but I didn't see any white on her other than in her beard and muffs. She had black in her tail. I have an older shot of when she was a bit younger:

WheatenAM.jpg

I didn't see the black. She is a wheaten. She just looked rather light colored in the picture.

Does she like to ride in the car with you? The wheatens have the best personalities!

pips&peeps :

I didn't see the black. She is a wheaten. She just looked rather light colored in the picture.

Does she like to ride in the car with you? The wheatens have the best personalities!

She was the best, I loved having her around. My LGD puppy in training decided he liked her lots too, so I gave her to HennyPennies2007 to remove the temptation from him and let her live a stress free life.

Henny took the photo on their way home from the Okie POOPS meet.
lol.png
She said she rode quitely the whole way home too.​

I don't seem to see anyway to tell what color they will be when they are day old. I have had two that looked just alike as day old and turned totally different colors. They were the little chipmunk looking day old chicks. One turned almost totally gray with a little buff on her and the other turned dark brown with a black beard and cheeks. They are both beautiful but nothing alike. I now have some that were really dark as day olds and have turned light grays and beige. The light ones seem to turn more buffs but even some have turned to gray. Just can't seem to really predict what color they will be. You can see the two that I was talking about first on my site below.

Back
Top Bottom