Easter Egger gender?

Male specific coloration
Do you mean the white wings and shoulders …?

I was commenting more if OP were to cull. That would stink to cull and find out the tiny chance it was a pullet after all. But then again, usually don’t cull before three months anyway …

(Secret worry of mine butchering a pullet thinking it was a cockerel)

I was commenting more if OP were to cull. That would stink to cull and find out the tiny chance it was a pullet after all. But then again, usually don’t cull before three months anyway …

Wing bars can be in red, or dark coloring or white... but yes, this looks like white wing bars. The comb is a clear indicator of sex at this age.

Yes. That's actually a fairly common EE cockerel color/pattern.

Yeah I knew about red and other colors, but I guess didn’t think about the ‘color’ white! As for comb, I do agree it’s highly suggestive, but have personally experienced and also read on BYC that comb alone is not a fail-proof indicator.

But yeah, comb plus gender-specific coloring plus someone is crowing = boy.

We have 5, 8 week old EE that were all supposed to be pullets which I understand isn’t always the case-

Pij is the gray/white EE. She/he is a bit more aggressive than the rest, bigger than the rest, and I heard a distinct crow this morning. This is our first flock so we are still learning.

a friend told me when you have no roosters, occasionally hens will crow. I have no idea if this is true.

Any insight on if anyone thinks Pij is a hen or roo? Or what else I should be looking for?View attachment 2727214View attachment 2727213
I’m no help due to being in the same situation.
I’m following so maybe I can learn as well.

Back
Top Bottom