Easter Egger Hen or Roo

dmaldet

Songster
6 Years
Apr 21, 2016
Lititz, PA
So I have posted this one before but we just keep praying it will still turn out NOT to be a rooster. Anyways almost 9 weeks.

I knew it wouldn't change but can blame a girl for wishing. These poor grandkids all picked the roosters as their favorites.
1f622.png

Sorry, cockerel. I've raised a few of EE, they have pea combs & I've noticed (not a science) 3 rows = cockerel along with the red while single row = pullet Cockerels are ALWAYS the favorite, I've been disappointed way to many times :(

I have two olive Eggers. One w a single comb. Maybe I will get one hen. It's been such a bummer w so many roosters. Having trouble rehoming them. What do you do with your Easter egger roosters?

I have two olive Eggers. One w a single comb. Maybe I will get one hen. It's been such a bummer w so many roosters. Having trouble rehoming them. What do you do with your Easter egger roosters?
Most of mine become dinner. Sometimes I manage to give away or trade one. But mostly, we eat them.

Between 12 and 16 weeks. It depends on how quickly they grow and how rowdy they are. I do selectively breed for large birds that mature and develop quickly, though. Most dress out to about 3 to 4 pounds, regardless of when we process.

Back
Top Bottom