Easter egger.. or something else?

1776Chick

In the Brooder
May 31, 2021
Can anyone help me identify what breed these chicks are? They are about 6 weeks old I think, got them from Tractor Supply and they were supposed to be Easter eggers, but the guy was saying americana (their spelling on the sign) and Easter eggers are the same thing and they were all together. Anyway, two chicks have these cute little tufted feathers on the top of their heads which I haven’t seen on any other Easter eggers. I don’t know if they will flatten down or stay that way. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• E62C194A-8BF2-4667-8A2F-16BFBA90E733.jpeg
    E62C194A-8BF2-4667-8A2F-16BFBA90E733.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 58
  • C488C14A-8EAA-49AA-AE2F-0352B548E972.jpeg
    C488C14A-8EAA-49AA-AE2F-0352B548E972.jpeg
    904.5 KB · Views: 57
  • AA46828A-94B2-48EA-B0F5-03EB3AEAFF35.jpeg
    AA46828A-94B2-48EA-B0F5-03EB3AEAFF35.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 55
Can anyone help me identify what breed these chicks are? They are about 6 weeks old I think, got them from Tractor Supply and they were supposed to be Easter eggers, but the guy was saying americana (their spelling on the sign) and Easter eggers are the same thing and they were all together. Anyway, two chicks have these cute little tufted feathers on the top of their heads which I haven’t seen on any other Easter eggers. I don’t know if they will flatten down or stay that way. Thanks for any help!
Looks like an EE to me :) rembrr EE are mix with Blue egger and another breed :)

Last edited:
Agreed, these are easter eggers of legbar type, as opposed to ameraucana type.

and the guy at the store was correct; amerIcana (with the I) is the same thing as an easter egger. Ameraucana (with the AU) is a breed with a standard that easter eggers and americana don't follow
The ones with the crests are mixed with crested cream legbar. Used for the blue egg gene. Many hatcheries using them these days to create Easter Eggers. 🙂
The crests will stay. They can raise them up if they are alarmed.
Thanks for the info!

Looks like cream legbar mixs aka EE.

Back
Top Bottom