Easter egger pecking eggs!

AllyTCat

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
I have an Easter egger pullet, her name is Sweet pea, she’s wheated, lays pink eggs, and adorable, as well as an angel to have around. The only problem is, recently, she’s been pecking holes into her eggs. She’s been really broody recently which makes it seem weird. Also, the holes are always in the same spot on the top of the egg, which makes me think maybe she accidentally poked the hole while moving it under her? I’m not really sure what’s going on, but I need help if we’re going to get eggs from her and keep her.

I have an Easter egger pullet, her name is Sweet pea, she’s wheated, lays pink eggs, and adorable, as well as an angel to have around. The only problem is, recently, she’s been pecking holes into her eggs. She’s been really broody recently which makes it seem weird. Also, the holes are always in the same spot on the top of the egg, which makes me think maybe she accidentally poked the hole while moving it under her? I’m not really sure what’s going on, but I need help if we’re going to get eggs from her and keep her.
Is she eating then though?
Try putting in fake eggs...when she pecks them they would be really hard. Hopefully that gets her to not want to peace them

How old is she, in weeks or months?
How long has she been laying?
Is the shell thin?
Did you see her peck the hole?
I have other questions but will save those.

Is she eating then though?
Try putting in fake eggs...when she pecks them they would be really hard. Hopefully that gets her to not want to peace them
She isn’t eating them. I also have a fake egg in there already, but it isn’t colored like their eggs so she probably knows it’s fake.

How old is she, in weeks or months?
How long has she been laying?
Is the shell thin?
Did you see her peck the hole?
I have other questions but will save those.
She’s about 8 months I believe. I’m not sure exactly how long she’s been laying, but I think she started around 19 weeks. The shell is not thin either. I did not see her peck the hole, but the hole is always perfectly round so it must be her beak.

Back
Top Bottom