Easter Egger Pullet no longer laying

ckjohnson04

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2015
Our EE started laying on 6/24/15 and was laying 4-5 eggs a week.

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week she laid soft shelled eggs (2 on Tuesday!). But we have had nothing from her since Wednesday. Is this sort of a break from laying normal after a month and her body is just trying to figure this out? Or is there something more going on?
Thanks!

She is 27 weeks old so I can't imagine a molt but that's for helping me trying eliminate possible issues though!

Huh!?! I learned something new! Thanks!

I know she went through a mini molt around 12-15 weeks. From your experiences so uld you expect that I would see lots of feathers again or will this be just a few here and there?
Thanks!

Huh!?! I learned something new! Thanks!

I know she went through a mini molt around 12-15 weeks. From your experiences so uld you expect that I would see lots of feathers again or will this be just a few here and there?
Thanks!
Out of our birds its usually not a full molt just loosing a few to a bunch of feathers but nothing too bad ^^

I doubt it's a molt.

Have there been any stressors...extreme heat, predator attack, new birds added, housing changed, etc?

What exactly are you feeding?

We have finally had summer in PA. We went from 80 to 90 over the past few days. I guess that could have something to do with it as well.

Food is a half and half chick starter crumbles and layer crumbles since we have 18 week olds in the coop as well. Oyster shells are also always available.

im going to bump this because our EE STILL isn't laying. Like I said previously, she was hatched at the beginning of February 2015. Laid for a few weeks at the end of June. Took a week off then laid again for a week and now has not laid since the end of July!!!

Any new thoughts, or is she just going to be around for her personality and goofiness?!?

Ill be very curious to hear the answer too. I have an EE who was also hatched Feb, started laying in early July. She laid very well for a week, and I haven't seen a pretty blue egg since :( my other 4 (a br, white rock, rir, and a dixie rainbow) who are the same age, all are still laying great. Two weeks ago I started supplementing light in the morning (I live in MT and we are down to 12 hrs days) hoping that extra light would kick start her laying again, but so far nothing.

Back
Top Bottom