Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Well flcityslicker, he's going to be a great looking rooster. Bet he will get even prettier after his first molt. Can you keep roos? You may not want to after he starts CROWING!
wink.png

Wwwwwaaaaahhhhh!
Now I am watching the other girls closely, but so far no changes.
We are allowed to have roos, if no one complains. There is a roo, that has lived down the street for a couple of years now, that crows every morning between 5:30 - 6:30 and then randomly throughout the day. So I guess we will see, but if I do have to rehome him, he will not become someone's dinner!

Wwwwwaaaaahhhhh!
Now I am watching the other girls closely, but so far no changes.
We are allowed to have roos, if no one complains. There is a roo, that has lived down the street for a couple of years now, that crows every morning between 5:30 - 6:30 and then randomly throughout the day. So I guess we will see, but if I do have to rehome him, he will not become someone's dinner!

Seems like there was really only one more that was questionable. Harpo? I'm impressed that you got mostly pullets! I only got 2 EEs and one was a cockerel!
hit.gif
Found a good home for him, though.

Hi...just checking in with pics of my 2-month old EE, Scully. Her comb has started to pink up a bit....though you can't really see that in these pics. I don't see any red patche son the wing or anything...so I think that she is a she....thoughts?

Ok, after reading this thread (well, 70% of it) I'm guessing this 5.5 week old ee is a pullet. I'm sure it's really too soon to tell, but I'd be curious as to what others think. Comb is almost twice as large as the other four birds of same age and you can't really tell in these photos, but his/her tail feathers point 'up' unlike the other 4 who's tail feathers point 'back'. Thanks for looking and commenting.

mo

Ok, after reading this thread (well, 70% of it) I'm guessing this 5.5 week old ee is a pullet. I'm sure it's really too soon to tell, but I'd be curious as to what others think. Comb is almost twice as large as the other four birds of same age and you can't really tell in these photos, but his/her tail feathers point 'up' unlike the other 4 who's tail feathers point 'back'. Thanks for looking and commenting.

mo

With a comb like that at only 5.5 weeks, that's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom