Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hello, I would like some assistance in determining the genders of the following EE's if possible. They are 9 weeks old in these photos.
(Parents:) (The male is a Wheaton Amerucana and the females are basic EE's. One white/black, one yellow/black, and the other one, partridge feathering.) Thanks.

This looks like a cockerel. Rusty rerd coloring on wings and red comb.

Next, the twins. One has a patterned breast, the other more solid color. The Wheaten father has alot of orange, and of course, the mahogany red. (really want a female out of these two, but.....)

The one on the left looks like a boy. Not so sure of the one on the right, but am suspecting cockerel also. They all look very sweet!!!

The next one......

Thinking this is a pullet.

And then one that is the Wheaten Amerucana with a Blue Wyandotte......

I'm not as familiar with the blues, but the comb doesn't have much color, so I think a pretty pullet here.

Thanks so much!!!

Hello, I would like some assistance in determining the genders of the following EE's if possible. They are 9 weeks old in these photos. (Parents:) (The male is a Wheaton Amerucana and the females are basic EE's. One white/black, one yellow/black, and the other one, partridge feathering.) Thanks. Next, the twins. One has a patterned breast, the other more solid color. The Wheaten father has alot of orange, and of course, the mahogany red. (really want a female out of these two, but.....) The next one...... And then one that is the Wheaten Amerucana with a Blue Wyandotte...... Thanks so much!!!
Boy, boy, boy, girl, girl.

Thank you Wishing4 wings, you are usually spot on...sure hoping one of those twins is a girl
fl.gif
The little grey/blue's comb is actually turning more gray/black. She's the only one in the bunch.?

The more I read the pages here, the more I am loving my EE's. I can't wait to see how my 3 1/2weeks old babies look when grown. I will post pics at 5 weeks? I am starting to see some grey coming in on mine. It's like Christmas!

Really having trouble sexing one of my EE's. Posted pics on another thread and got abt 50/50 as 2 which it was, with varying reasons. I was told this thread was a great resource. Here are 2 of my EE's- the 1st is not in ?, but we hatched them jst a day apart in case that helps.

This is our Roo, Adrian- 7wks old (not in ?)

Here is one of Adrian's siblings- Darcy- def in ? and also
7 wks

Ne help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Really having trouble sexing one of my EE's. Posted pics on another thread and got abt 50/50 as 2 which it was, with varying reasons. I was told this thread was a great resource. Here are 2 of my EE's- the 1st is not in ?, but we hatched them jst a day apart in case that helps.

7 wks

Take a guess, no expert. Thinking #1 roo due to comb with 3 rows and red shoulder patches.
Think #2 is roo....due to comb and looks like sickle tail feathers (pointy) at the tail. ??Hope I'm wrong....
fl.gif

Looks like they will mature into pretty birds.
The red/mahogany/orange on a male is striking, especially at the shoulders....And I so love the black cape on the second one. I want a female with black cape now....

7 wks

Adrian is definitely a roo! What a big comb for such an adorable little body, hehe!
Do you see any pointy feathers coming in Darcy? Her comb looks very light and though it is a little big for only 7 weeks, but I'm gunna have to guess pullet with that coloring and body shape!
I think her tail and the way she holds it is a lot like my Lotus- very hen-like, as well as her stance. I sure hope she is a pullet! :)

Back
Top Bottom