Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I posted about my EE about a month ago when I was having doubts and thought I would show my "girls" again just to confirm thoughts on gender they are now 3 months old
smile.png

Both the white and black and the dark and light brown are the girls in question

1. Probably pullet
2. pullet

Need help. My 14 1/2 week old chick. Is she a pullet or a roo. First time chicken owner and don't know. I have 3 other pullets I am sure of ad Squeaky is not the dominant one of the bunch. In fact she is the pushover one of them all. I know pullets can have combs and wattles and her comb is one row and just growing now. She has never crowed and has always been the loudest baby chick so we named her Squeaky. Pretty sure she is a easter egger mix. Any help please....
I think it's a she, but whatever she is, she is adorable! Look at that face!!!

She loves to hog the camera. She is the first one to run up to see what I am doing. Loves to sit in my lap right before bed to hangout and be pet. All my girls are like that. I really lucked out with having some lovey pullets. Probably helps I have had then since day one.

She loves to hog the camera. She is the first one to run up to see what I am doing. Loves to sit in my lap right before bed to hangout and be pet. All my girls are like that. I really lucked out with having some lovey pullets. Probably helps I have had then since day one.
(Off topic) Yep. I think we all must have one like that. For us, it's Precious. She's the first to jump up on our laps & is a real camera hog.

Can you see the group of chickens under the tree (my orig plan for this pic)? Never take a photo with a hen on your lap. Precious kept popping up into view to see the camera, so I ended up with some cute ones of her & none of the flock relaxing in the shade. She's not an EE (just a mutt), but has the personality.

Hers my americana or EE. Suppose to be a hen. Does the orange feathers mean she's a boy? Here's her at three weeks.

Here's her at almost five weeks.

Back
Top Bottom