Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Can anyone help me figure out if my EE is a roo?? They were all supposed to be pullets but they are about 9 weeks and this one doesn't act like the rest. More aggressive and tends to hover the others. After reading through a lot of the posts, I think I have a roo on my hands. It will be a shame too because I'll have to re-home him. I can't have a rooster where I live...too much noise. :( I will try to get a better picture tomorrow but he/she wouldn't cooperate tonight. The one I need help with is in the far right corner. You can tell by his color.

The one in the far right corner is a female based on it's coloration. It might just be the dominant hen of the bunch.
Can anyone help me figure out if my EE is a roo?? They were all supposed to be pullets but they are about 9 weeks and this one doesn't act like the rest. More aggressive and tends to hover the others. After reading through a lot of the posts, I think I have a roo on my hands. It will be a shame too because I'll have to re-home him. I can't have a rooster where I live...too much noise. :( I will try to get a better picture tomorrow but he/she wouldn't cooperate tonight. The one I need help with is in the far right corner. You can tell by his color.

This Olive Egger is 12 weeks. I thought it was a boy but there has been no crowing or roo behavior. I would have expected some crows by now since I dont have any other rooster. What do you all think?

I agree with hokankai, the upper right hand corner bird looks like a pullet!

This Olive Egger is 12 weeks. I thought it was a boy but there has been no crowing or roo behavior. I would have expected some crows by now since I dont have any other rooster. What do you all think?

Well if you have no crowing wait for an egg! Can you keep a rooster? Because the is the cutest chicken. Is the comb that dark in person because on my moniter the greens are really saturated so the reds would be too and looks overcast but the pullet next to this one has same color on the face.

Well if you have no crowing wait for an egg! Can you keep a rooster? Because the is the cutest chicken. Is the comb that dark in person because on my moniter the greens are really saturated so the reds would be too and looks overcast but the pullet next to this one has same color on the face.
Yes it was an overcast Seattle day so the colors are probably a bit oversaturated. S/he is pretty red but no more so than my Marans or BLRW pullets of the same age. Most of my pullets seem to get red pretty early. I would have expected more comb growth by now for a male. I cant keep a roo in the city but will try to keep him long enough to get some fertile eggs, he is just too cute!

I will be thrilled with a top dog pullet. lol Here are some better pictures. It is truly a beautiful bird though...I never thought chickens were pretty until I got them. haha I'm trying to spend more time with them so the ones that are more skittish will calm down. They do love their treats. :)

I will be thrilled with a top dog pullet. lol Here are some better pictures. It is truly a beautiful bird though...I never thought chickens were pretty until I got them. haha I'm trying to spend more time with them so the ones that are more skittish will calm down. They do love their treats. :)

They all look like pullets.
smile.png
I found that my girls calmed down greatly once they started laying and some got even lapdog friendly.

Back
Top Bottom