Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Is this 7-week old OE a boy or girl? I am REALLY hoping for a girl, since olive green is my favorite color, and she is the only OE that I could find. And she is tied for my favorite, but we couldn't keep a rooster, as far as I can tell. And please ignore my face- my mouth was open from concentration, and I didn't know I was in the shot... e.e

looks like a pullet! I hope you get lots of olive eggs :)

Quote: Woohoo! And I hope I do too!
wee.gif

I am at a loss! I have thought rooster on this 'guy' since about 12 weeks because 'he' started getting red before the other chicks I have. Now they are 20 weeks old, the only surviving 'sibling' to this chick is definitely female but this one I am still confused. Sometimes it looks like a pullet to me and still no crowing at 20 weeks! (no eggs from either chick) I am not sure what breed(s) exactly but 'he' does have a beard so easter egger fits (the 3 I got this spring were all supposed to be easter eggers but this is the only one with a beard).

Yep tail is always up, but I have a red hen who has a similar posture. I won't be disappointed either way as I currently don't have a roo unless this one is.
The lady I got these chicks from said she had easter eggers and then brought a bunch of chicks to me and said I could pick...and I have never has raster eggers before! One was a cute barred chick with feathered feet (unfortunately we lost her), one is a grey pullet with a small poof of feathers on the top of it's head and then there is this one. The feet/lwegs are very light colored for sure, the beard has me thinking EE though

Back
Top Bottom