Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I agree with your opinions on the cockerels. The prominent red combs are telltale, and the dark red patches help confirm.

These ones I think are pullets

#8 the dark one. I think the white one is Champ, a rooster

#9 We have 3 that look like this. I thought they were pullets but their patchy coloring is making me wonder.

#10 Toaster

#11 This one I really want to be a girl because it is my favorite colour. He/she is a little camera shy. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

#9 would have a larger, redder comb if she was a male. I vote pullet.

#11 looks very pullet-y by shape and color. She(?) has a very red face for a 9 weeker but I can't see the comb well enough to be sure. Guessing pullet.

Agree with you on all the rest. Love Toaster's name!
lol.png
Did you hatch these out? #11 is beautiful and I hope she's a pullet. What will become of all those handsome boys?

Last edited:
I agree with your opinions on the cockerels.  The prominent red combs are telltale, and the dark red patches help confirm.

#9 would have a larger, redder comb if she was a male.  I vote pullet.

#11 looks very pullet-y by shape and color.  She(?) has a very red face for a 9 weeker but I can't see the comb well enough to be sure.  Guessing pullet.

Agree with you on all the rest.  Love Toaster's name!  :lol:      Did you hatch these out?  #11 is beautiful and I hope she's a pullet.  What will become of all those handsome boys?

I got them locally at a couple days old. The black one she called a bantee and its really small so I think she meant bantam. It has feathers on its feet. It's my 3 year old's favorite and he named it Toaster. I haven't named any in hopes of remaining detached enough to get rid of the boys. We will probably keep a rooster or two. The rest I'll sell or eat. :(

your all black one looks a lot like my Phoebe, even though mine is not an ee. And your #1 looks just like my roo, but yours has yellow legs, and I have heard from here, yellow legs are not ee's.

I'm not sure what the black one is. It's little and has feathery feet.
The yellow leg rooster is the sweetest boy. He'll probably get to stay. I wonder what kind he is. The lady had lots of roosters.

Groucho has thick eyebrows. Must be a boy ;) lol

No I know it's a boy based on many other signs. Check out the red in the wings. Yep. Knew he was a boy at 4 weeks for sure, and had a good idea at 2 weeks.

He's now 11 weeks old, and will be my choice rooster for 2014's breeding season.

Last edited:

Groucho has thick eyebrows. Must be a boy ;) lol

No I know it's a boy based on many other signs. Check out the red in the wings. Yep. Knew he was a boy at 4 weeks for sure, and had a good idea at 2 weeks.

He's now 11 weeks old, and will be my choice rooster for 2014's breeding season.

He's great looking and he appears to be thinking deep thoughts! Definitely a keeper. Are these photos showing him at 11 weeks? His comb looks so pale.

Sigh...Groucho reminds me of the roo I had..so handsome!

AFM...drumroll please.........................................

Curry lays a light olive-colored egg!

Found it in the coop this evening. Does this make her an olive egger, or do olive eggers have darker eggs?

Back
Top Bottom