Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

updated photo of our roo Sunshine. 1 month old in these photos. Daddy is an EE and Mom is either a splash maran or bc maran. I was just wondering if you guys think he will keep some of his white. I absolutely love the white in him. Thanks!

Big congrats on Sharkie's first egg! I'm guessing by the lack of crowing & mating, you already had strong suspicions of a female.

Everyone here who guessed Brownie as a boy was right. He started crowing in Nov. Now at 29 weeks some of the girls are laying. This must have really confused him. Daily, he digs around & sits in a nest box, then hops out singing the "egg song." I think he has some major gender identity issues.

Does anyone else have a crazy rooster that tries to lay eggs?

One time I had a flock of only roosters. In the spring they started mating with each other lol awkward...

updated photo of our roo Sunshine. 1 month old in these photos. Daddy is an EE and Mom is either a splash maran or bc maran. I was just wondering if you guys think he will keep some of his white. I absolutely love the white in him. Thanks!

He might develop more!
Mine started out getting white in over his beige, then started getting in red and black as well!

Cute little guy. I am curious as to what he will look like when he is fully feathered out. Please update again in a few months.

I thought I'd repost my pics of EE cockerels and pullets for those who are looking for sexing tips. These pics are from last summer when they were 3-4 weeks old.
Pullet:

Notice the pale comb with a single line of ridges (peas).

Cockerel:

Notice the red comb with 3 distinct rows of ridges.

Also, the red coloration in plumage.

Hope this may help anyone with month old chicks looking to plan for the future.
Happy chicking!

Back
Top Bottom