Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Wow, what a great thread this is for newbies, like me. I have two EE's that are about 8 weeks old that we hatched from eggs. After reading this thread I think I have one roo and one pullet. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I took 3 pics of each. I think the first one is a pullet and the second is a roo.

Wow, what a great thread this is for newbies, like me. I have two EE's that are about 8 weeks old that we hatched from eggs. After reading this thread I think I have one roo and one pullet. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I took 3 pics of each. I think the first one is a pullet and the second is a roo.

i think you're right. the last one (roo) has beetle green on it's tail already!

I think they are both roosters. What's wrong with the first one's foot?

Subhanalah, it had a difficult hatching. Being new and reading like crazy, everything said don't help to early, but we think we waited to long to help. When he finally made it out, it was very dry, splay legged, and the one foot wouldn't straighten out. We did the band-aid trick for the splay legs, and tried to work with the foot but it wouldn't straighten out.

Subhanalah, it had a difficult hatching.  Being new and reading like crazy, everything said don't help to early, but we think we waited to long to help.  When he finally made it out, it was very dry, splay legged, and the one foot wouldn't straighten out.  We did the band-aid trick for the splay legs, and tried to work with the foot but it wouldn't straighten out.
as long as he's happy now :)

Quote: My two sexed hatchery EE chicks were both big with big legs. The slightly larger of the two was the pullet!
lol.png
I think the thick legs are apparent as chicks, but much more noticeable when there are others to compare. Generally a cockerel thing, but as with most things, there are always exceptions.

Both look like cockerels because of the big red combs, although the first one doesn't have the obvious brick red shoulders.

They are both cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom