Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Ca anyone tell me what this 11 week old EE is? Please and thank you!

:he

I sure hope that I have at least one hen out of the 9 chickens that I bought this year! I have 4 Straight run Buff Orps (3 i think are roos) , 1 red pullet, and 4 EEs that I bought as pullets :/  but it looks like I havee about 4 Roosters if I am right about the BOs. :barnie Looks like i have to do some rehoming soon i just cant decide who to rehome between one of my BOs and this EE. I think this EE is soo pretty but my BO roo that I love is so sweet it will sit in my lap and comes running when I walk up. Is it ok to keep 2 roos with only 5 hens?

Chances are good probably not. Some boys are ok with only one hen but others will have 10 bare backed hens. Having 5 girls for 2 boys will drastically increase your chances of fighting if the sub male tries to sneak off with a lady.

I posted pics a while back but I was wonder what you guys think for sexing. We think this is a silver laced wyandotte EE cross because of the coloring....she seems to have a rose comb the top is normally peach/orange in color, with that rosy color underneath. I have more pictures if you want different ones. The bird also has a ton of thigh feathers. *edited for age 6 weeks

Last edited:
I posted pics a while back but I was wonder what you guys think for sexing. We think this is a silver laced wyandotte EE cross because of the coloring....she seems to have a rose comb the top is normally peach/orange in color, with that rosy color underneath. I have more pictures if you want different ones. The bird also has a ton of thigh feathers. *edited for age 6 weeks
What about a Barred Rock EE mix?

Hmm. When I got the bird from the tractor store it was hard to tell because they had dyed them colors (ugh) I was told they were all EE's. I have one that I know is a pullet, one I know is a roo (white, orange, dark reddish, and black feathers), one I am really questioning that's orange and white and the two that I have been told look like Silver laced crosses. The other silver laced cross I really believe is a roo...so much redder comb with points starting then the bird I posted pictures of. I've looked at SLW pics but I cannot find anything similar to the comb other then they can have a pink color at this age. I'm stumped. But fingers crossed this one is an elusive weird pullet cause my husband loves it and we can't have roos because we're in the city.

Back
Top Bottom