Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Thanks for the reply,

Speckles should be 9 ish weeks old now. S-he is the one of our six that has me unsure. 2 for sure are boys, but s-he isn't quite the same as the obvious boys, other than her comb being similar.

Thor
I think Speckles is a cockerel. The comb is pretty puffy for a pullet and the breast is turning black. The coloring across the wings is patchy too. It's a really pretty bird, which unfortunately is another tic in the male column.

Sorry if I'm wrong but those 2 aren't looking like EE's the look like Barred Rocks.
frow.gif
LOL....I would definitely guessed barred rock also.....now I can't wait to see picts as they get older.. And if they are pullets...wondering what color they will lay!?
ya.gif

On Speckles, I vote boy also.

On those two barred, they look a lot like my Cuckoo Marans x EE crosses. That was my attempt to make olive Eggers. Those all turned out as boys, so I don't know what color the eggs would have been. I do think the first is more likely a pullet.

This "girl" is just now 20 weeks. She hasn't laid an egg yet so I'm starting to worry that she is not a she. Any help?

Back
Top Bottom