Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Lol sorry my silkie pic must have gotten mixed in with the EE pics
hmm.png
I'll try getting a side shot of the combs and post
smile.png

Oops. I meant a side view of the body to see the color pattern more clearly. Comb shot would help too. On my monitor, the lighter chick has a pale comb, but looks like it might be a bit pink? Hard to tell sometimes!

I've loved all the info on this thread!
However, I am still having a hard time with my EE. I honestly do not know how old my "Dream"Catcher is. I think somewhere around 9-12 weeks?? Pullet or roo??

I'm having a hard time being patient, but I love trying to figure these things out. I have 5 chicks I hatched out on August 1, so they are a little over 4 weeks old now. Papa is a mix of who knows what, but he hatched out of a green egg, so I figure I can safely call him an EE roo. The moms are three diffferent hens, one just a barnyard mix, the other two hatchery EE's.

Pic of dad (on the left) and my barnyard mix hen (on the right). Ignore the girl in the middle.

Their chick. I was thinking girl, but the comb looks boyish to me? First of the lot to have the comb redden up.

Hatchery Hen #1

Her baby with my roo. I'm thinking it's a boy at this point?

Hatchery Hen #2. The last three chicks are all hers, out of my roo.

Chick #1. I think this one is a girl

Chick #2. I just don't know. :p Any guesses?

Chick #3. I'm leaning towards boy.

Last edited:
Here is an update of my EE chicks, they are all 12 weeks old now. I am fairly confident that the first one (Bull) is a cockerel and the rest are all pullets, please tell me if you think different. None of the EEs have crowed yet but I have a Cuckoo Maran cockerel that is the alpha cockerel so far and he has started crowing recently, I think this means the other boys will develop a little slower right?

#1 Bull

#2 Ginger

#3 CatEyes

#4 Wildling

#5 Legs

Here is an update of my EE chicks, they are all 12 weeks old now. I am fairly confident that the first one (Bull) is a cockerel and the rest are all pullets, please tell me if you think different. None of the EEs have crowed yet but I have a Cuckoo Maran cockerel that is the alpha cockerel so far and he has started crowing recently, I think this means the other boys will develop a little slower right?

#1 Bull

#2 Ginger

#3 CatEyes

#4 Wildling

#5 Legs

Yea, just the first one is a cockerel.

Sorry to harp on this again, but[COLOR=333333] I think I found out part of the mix in Elsa is.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]I think she has light sussex in her because her legs are white not yellow and she has the light sussex coloring (sort of). What do you think? She's 8 weeks and a day old now.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Do you think she has some Sussex in her? And maybe some Ameraucana?[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]She also looks like a Sussex chick.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
images
[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]And this is her as a baby.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333](sort of again) Lol[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]SO do you think she's a Sussex/Ameraucana mix?[/COLOR]
I think that is a boy. For 8 weeks old, the red around the eyes is too much for a pullet, even if she was excited or exercising (which might have increased the blood flow). CG

Back
Top Bottom