Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Well, I was given 6 chickens (hens..LOL)... It was really sweet of the guy to give them to me and I have gotten some from him before.all healthy and now good layers...not putting him down at all. However, this time he brought me 2 BSL, 2 RSL, and 2 EE's...I was putting them in the coop and I realized the partridge one already had lots of red on his wing and the black and white one already had tiny bits of red on his wings...... I told him I thought they roos but he said the lady he got them from told him they were all pullets. Hmmmmmmm....he got had!! Tonight I was lacing my wire layers while they chickens pecked at my red finger nail polish and sure enough the partridge colored one jumped my older EE.... Got her in March,,, the rest, including him are all about 4 mo!! (they didn't know the ages but they aren't nearly as big as she is!! SO NOW I NEED TO REHOME BOTH OF THEM...

Last edited:
Update:
about 3 weeks

These are the current pictures... 4 weeks tomorrow. Again, the comb shows pink in the pics, but I think it's just from the stress of catching.
hmm.png

I really hope so! I just love this little one... named Annie. ;) Pretty sure I'll keep it either way though.

It's a beautiful chick. Thanks for the update. Salmon colored breast is good, keep it coming!
fl.gif

I hope you post again next week. It's great to see how they develop!

Like this? It's funny though that this hen's breast didn't start changing this color until about 8 weeks old. I will definitely have an Annie update next week. I looked at the comb this morning, and absolutely no color in it at all....

Can anyone take a guess at the two 6 week old Easter Eggers? The light grey one pictured in the first two photos has been a real subject of debate for us. He / She has a much broader head than the other and does some sparring with the other known roosters we have but is also the sweetest chicken of them all. The darker grey/ brownish one in the 3rd and 4th picture we are almost certain is a girl but if anyone could offer a guess I would appreciate it!
smile.png

I have a light gray one like yours. I vote pullet based on it's pattern. Not sure on the other so it's best to wait for other answers. I had a black and brown one patterned like your dark gray one, and it ended up being male. Both of yours are beautiful though! I love the blue and gray colors on EEs!

Back
Top Bottom