Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

The middle row is more prominent than the outside two, but my other girls have a very clear single row. I do think this is a "she" though, there is just no roo feathers/behaviors yet, but we shall see! Gorgeous huge egg!

Edited: or maybe this is what a cushion type comb looks like on a younger bird? I was reading on here that an EE/Wyandotte cross would produce a type of cushion comb. But I haven't had a bird with one of those.

Last edited:
Chick Crazy, both are pullets. No doubt. Friendly too!
smile.png
X2

So, it's only been ten days, but here is my chick's update. Chick is the offspring of a BLRW roo (I think) over an EE hen. Over nine weeks old, will be ten on Monday. No beard/muffs or wattles, three row pea comb, yellow legs. The feathering continues to look female, even more so I think, and the comb is still questionable. Tried to get a close up of the comb, hopefully these pics aren't too blurry. Maybe we have one of the odd ball, three row pea comb pullets? Or a really late bloomer roo?

I'm not seeing any obvious roo signs, so I'll keep hoping it's a pullet.
I really like the color. A very pretty chicken.

Is Marshmallow a Pullet or Rooster? It is 13 weeks old, I thought it was a he but I'm starting to think it is a she. It does not have pointed saddle feathers but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom