Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

ok here is an update my chickens are now 15 weeks and i'm still clueless as to what they are :) both are small like hens, have small petite feet and barely any comb. both have rooster coloring though so i'm just all sorts of confused!!!
small comb

i think these are rounded?
i dont see saddle feathers?
the gold is new and just came in last week
no comb really, small feet
im not sure if these are rounded or not? gah

I'm going with them all being pullets as well. I actually have am EE hen that looks a lot like the hen on top. Very pretty girls.

Good Morning Everyone!!
Just checking in and posting this weeks pics of my bird whom I am suspicious of being a roo. This week the tail is a little longer and took on a curved shape. Of the 2 chicks this one is dominant but that isn't very incriminating since the other is a docile Buff Orp. Of course they are still very young and there's no saying what the gender is for certain at this point, but documenting for future reference couldn't hurt!
1f604.png

--Ashley

It's too early to tell for sure, but I'm going with pullet for now.

OK congrats. There you are with your opinion and here I am with mine. I guess one of us will have egg on their face soon.

Yep!

I'm going to stand on the pullet side of the egg toss. At 15 weeks she is still going through juvenile moults. There is WAY too much reddish brown over most of her body to say "red shoulders".

I have 3 EEs that are now 17 weeks. One started out as a barred bird, no more. Check the progression:

3 weeks:

7 weeks:

10 weeks:

16 weeks:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom