Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

The other two are too young yet. By 6 to 8 weeks, it should be clear which are boys.

Thanks! They all hatched at the same time, so I was thinking maybe we could have an idea by now. They are only 3.5 weeks old, so I knew it was still a tad early. But I like the guessing game anyway :)

Here are some photos is olive a hen or rooster?

Thats more of the way im leaning towards but i really hope its a hen
Not much chance of that, I'm afraid, unless it's over 18 weeks. How old is it? A close up of the comb could confirm it.

By 6-8 weeks, you can usually tell an EE cockerel by a larger pink comb (often with what looks like 3 rows of bumps or peas) and male pattern coloring on the wings. For your bird, it is the solid white areas on the wings that show male hormones at work. A female younger than about 18 weeks will have a pale comb, no pink, and will keep the even patterning across the wings.

Not much chance of that, I'm afraid, unless it's over 18 weeks.   How old is it?  A close up of the comb could confirm it. 

By 6-8 weeks, you can usually tell an EE cockerel by a larger pink comb (often with what looks like 3 rows of bumps or peas) and male pattern coloring on the wings.  For your bird, it is the solid white areas on the wings that show male hormones at work.  A female younger than about 18 weeks will have a pale comb, no pink, and will keep the even patterning across the wings.

Olive is 5 weeks old today

Back
Top Bottom