Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Thanks, he is my handsome and lovable boy! I didn't realize how much he had changed until I took those photos.

I was lucky with him, I knew at about 4 weeks he was a boy because of his crowing. This is the day he started crowing! Lol

Good looking rooster! He is almost a spinning image of a BLRW X EE cross I had a few years ago.

My EE at 6ish weeks... What a sweetheart!
Pullet for sure.

I've read random portions of this thread, and some other similar threads, and I have a guess as to what I might have here, but I'd like some opinions on my EE, please.

This is Brimley, and he/she is about 5-6 weeks old.

I know it's still early. This is my favorite baby from this year's chicks, so I'm pretty darn attached and worried about some cockerel characteristics that might be popping up
hmm.png

I've read random portions of this thread, and some other similar threads, and I have a guess as to what I might have here, but I'd like some opinions on my EE, please.

This is Brimley, and he/she is about 5-6 weeks old.

I know it's still early. This is my favorite baby from this year's chicks, so I'm pretty darn attached and worried about some cockerel characteristics that might be popping up
hmm.png
It's a cockerel. That's 'rooster' red coming in, and combined with the comb turning pink, there is no doubt. Sorry.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Now I have more time to get used to the idea of eating my baby lol. He's the chick in my profile picture too.

Hey you guys?
I have 9 EE straight run chicks (had 15 to start with but there was a very sad and stressful misfortune with the post office ugh)
Anyway ok I have 9 left. They are four weeks old. I know that's too young to really tell male/female yet. But I've seen pretty good follow up in this thread especially if you guys have younger pics to compare to older in a few weeks right? Ok so I want to post my four week ok pics but since there are nine of them, what works better; should I post all nine in the same post? Or post each one in a separate post?

Hey you guys?
I have 9 EE straight run chicks (had 15 to start with but there was a very sad and stressful misfortune with the post office ugh)
Anyway ok I have 9 left. They are four weeks old. I know that's too young to really tell male/female yet. But I've seen pretty good follow up in this thread especially if you guys have younger pics to compare to older in a few weeks right? Ok so I want to post my four week ok pics but since there are nine of them, what works better; should I post all nine in the same post? Or post each one in a separate post?

I think a post of 4 and another of 5 works better

As I mentioned before, these guys are 4 weeks old. Too young to really accurately sex them yet but I wanted to get their first/young pics out there for eventual comparison : )
Thanks to @FVRM for suggesting I do this in two groups of pics (4 and 5).

GROUP ONE

Back
Top Bottom