Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Yeah! She's just a bit of an anomaly! Her dad has that same comb. My husband says it looks like Worf from Star Trek
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I was told dad hatched from a blue egg, and I know she hatched from a a mint green egg, so I was surprised we still got hers as a pale brown. I knew it could happen, but I was hopeful for another color.

She's a sweet, beautiful girl! I'm glad I kept her! I was going to rehome her, but she would have gone to a place where no roosters are allowed. Since I just couldn't be sure, she stayed with me
1f60d.png

Thank you for posting this! I have an EE with a wide comb like that and I was starting to worry.. she is only 3 weeks old though, so I won't know for certain for a while yet, but I had never heard of a cushion comb, which looks EXACTLY like what my girl has! My hope that she is really is a she is restored!

Thank you for posting this! I have an EE with a wide comb like that and I was starting to worry.. she is only 3 weeks old though, so I won't know for certain for a while yet, but I had never heard of a cushion comb, which looks EXACTLY like what my girl has! My hope that she is really is a she is restored!

It's tricky, because the "rules" are there because they are *almost* always right. We can't know exactly what's happening with their genetics, just what is likely to happen! Good luck!!!

It isn't that the rules are incorrect, it's that certain traits can look like others at certain times. The reddish coloring on Scarlet is widely dispersed now and looks feminine but when it first starts, it can look a lot like the red that many B/W males have at that age. So, she isn't an exception to any rules, she just looked similar enough to a different pattern at the age she was posted to be misidentified. It happens.

I'm thinking 1 roo (gold one) 2 poulets ( white one and the RIR) they're 3.5 weeks old, I know it's probably too early to tell. Anyone with more experience than me want to weigh in, I have no experience lol ty

I know these pics suck, my EE's are my shyest group, there's 5 here, I'm sure y'all can tell them from the others. Bad pics, but any guesses? They're exactly 4 weeks. TIA
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom