Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

yeah he is. I am waiting for the inevitable 2nd proof he is a boy before I give up. So far the emerging saddle feathers even look round, comb is still small and pale.

Wait...so you think your little partridge looking chick is male? Why?

I think the one on my shoulder is female, your twin, and my black/white is the roo.

I love my little girl! Sits on everyone's shoulder, super friendly but not even trying to move up the pecking order.

The white one though...that bird used to be at the bottom and has clearly moved into a lead role. It was the smallest chick in my flock for a while.

Wait...so you think your little partridge looking chick is male? Why?

I think the one on my shoulder is female, your twin, and my black/white is the roo.

I love my little girl! Sits on everyone's shoulder, super friendly but not even trying to move up the pecking order.

The white one though...that bird used to be at the bottom and has clearly moved into a lead role. It was the smallest chick in my flock for a while.
ha I didn't read your post well. The patchy red on the wings has Junnebugga convinced male though I was hoping it was just all over red coming in, she thinks boy and is seldom wrong.

ha I didn't read your post well. The patchy red on the wings has Junnebugga convinced male though I was hoping it was just all over red coming in, she thinks boy and is seldom wrong.

Oh lol. Yes I have read through this post she is pretty darn accurate!

I will keep my fingers crossed you have a pullet then. Can you not have roos or just don't want one?

I can have one, I hope if my guy is indeed a guy that he's not mean. Trying to work on it but since I scoop that chick up and carry it around it's avoiding me lol.

I'm still hoping this is a rare time you are wrong, out of 8 " pullets" and 3 straight run I got 5 roosters......I know it's not likely but hey a girl can hope. I am keeping the straight run bantams but the lf roosters have to go.

Stilllooking like a pullet?

Back
Top Bottom