Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Since I am still new at this I thought I would throw in a pic of my EE. I'm pretty sure she is a she;) but making sure. Thanks everyone for being so good to newbies:/

103921_p1010009.jpg

I have three EEs that I'm not sure about. They are about 8 weeks (give or take) old. I've grown very fond of all of them and love the different colorations but roosters have got to go. Hoping I can get some help from the group...

The first one is mostly white and almost everything I read says the white ones turn out to be boys...

eewhite01.jpg

eewhite02.jpg

Second one is black and white, which I also read that the ones who were mostly white are males...

eebw01.jpg

eebw02.jpg

eebw03.jpg

Last one is a mix with a Marans (lightly feathered legs) so the rules may not apply. At least I think it's a Marans mix since there was a Marans rooster in the flock.

eegreybw01.jpg

eegrey01.jpg

eegrey03.jpg

eegrey02.jpg

Quote:
Pretty sure #2 & 3 are pullets, but #1 I am pretty sure is a roo. I'm new at this still though so you might want to get a few more opinions before getting rid of any of them.
hide.gif

Thanks. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad and I'm openly hoping the Marans mix will lay olive eggs. Always wanted an olive-egger.

Quote:
At this time, all 3 still look like females. Their combs are all similar sizes and the coloring does not shout "roo". Wait a couple more weeks and then post pics of all 3 again.

Back
Top Bottom