Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Sorry, but Heritage is a cockerel. He's got a big red comb (pullets don't get them until much later around 4-5 months), and deep red in his shoulders.
It always end up being the sweetest and favorite!
hugs.gif

x2 Sorry. Happened to me too. (Changed Iris' name to RuPaul!)

Last edited:
sad.png
Thanks for the help! I guess she's Harry now! Hopefully his old home will take him back from me! I just want him in a good place!

This is Frankie. S/he was hatched on Mother's Day - will be 5 weeks old this weekend.
I've gotten comments that S/he is the dreaded cockerel.
Just hoping that he looks more like a She this week!?
She is the coolest bird EVER. <sniffle>

Please Please tell me She is a She!
barnie.gif
It is hard to say, but I've got a little cockerel at 8 weeks right now and they definitely have similarities...here is mine.

Ok is it mostly the development of the comb that hints the rooster? I sort of got the age a little mixed up so I believe shes more like 4 month old. Does that change anything? Or no... Probably not... Thanks! Anyone else have opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks. Here is my other EE. 16 weeks also. The birds are in their taxi. I put them in there to take them out to the tractor or to the back yard. They love their taxi. It means going to play!

It is hard to say, but I've got a little cockerel at 8 weeks right now and they definitely have similarities...here is mine.

Here is mine at about 5 weeks, What do you guys think.

Looks like we three have veeeeeery similar birds here! Frankie was born on Mothers day, so she was 5 weeks this weekend. The current photos posted are from 4 weeks old. I need to go take more photos!

Please please please let Frankie be a she!!! (& joe too, if that's the plan!) Simmons.... I hope my bird develops some more difference from yours! & quick!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom