Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Rats! That makes predicting even more like guessing!!!
roll.png
X2. My roo Q-Tip is 100% white, no red anywhere.

Last edited:
She is still a she right? It's been a few weeks since I posted a pic of her. She is the alpha in her little flock of three. She also likes to be up on top of their little coop. She is 10 wks 4 days old today. That's Gretta and her two Wellie flock mates.

Gretta

X2. My roo Q-Tip is 100% white, no red anywhere.

lol.png
Love the name! Q-Tip!!! But now I'm confused again (not hard to do
big_smile.png
). Wouldn't Q-Tip be considered an Ameraucana because he has all the bells and whistles (color, comb, legs, beard/muffs)? I thought as long as a chicken met the standard, it could be shown regardless of its parentage. No pedigrees or registered status for chickens. Just wondering.

Q-Tip, by the way, is perfectly beautiful! Those saddle feathers must shine like glass in the sun.

lol.png
Love the name! Q-Tip!!! But now I'm confused again (not hard to do
big_smile.png
). Wouldn't Q-Tip be considered an Ameraucana because he has all the bells and whistles (color, comb, legs, beard/muffs)? I thought as long as a chicken met the standard, it could be shown regardless of its parentage. No pedigrees or registered status for chickens. Just wondering.

Q-Tip, by the way, is perfectly beautiful! Those saddle feathers must shine like glass in the sun.
I *think* he is an ameraucana, actually, but since I am not 'sure' I play it safe and call him EE. THe person who sold me the eggs (from byc) did say she had white ams. But I don't show birds so it's all the same to me. :)

He's not all that shiny yet, but he's still pretty young - 17 weeks or so. He just figured out how to crow! :)

Here's q-tip at about 10 weeks. Looks a lot more feminine here! :) (but his comb was so red I pegged him as a boy)

Last edited:
I *think* he is an ameraucana, actually, but since I am not 'sure' I play it safe and call him EE. THe person who sold me the eggs (from byc) did say she had white ams. But I don't show birds so it's all the same to me. :)

He's not all that shiny yet, but he's still pretty young - 17 weeks or so. He just figured out how to crow! :)

Lucky you! My EE cockerel started at 13 weeks. No sleep for us, so we found him a new home. I don't show or breed either, and I love the EEs. I had some hens 20 years ago that were wonderful, but back then they were still called Araucana. Last spring, the chicken guy at the feed store assured me that I couldn't have had Aracaunas, they were actually Ameraucans. ooookaaaaay... Now on BYC I find they are really EEs!
lau.gif
I love the variety and the beards/muffs and the colored legs & eggs! I'll call 'em whatever folks want me to!
lol.png

Here's q-tip at about 10 weeks. Looks a lot more feminine here! :) (but his comb was so red I pegged him as a boy)

I thought I read that true amerucanas don't really get tails....

Julie

Here's an update on Frankie - his photos have been in this thread over the past few weeks... let's see what you think about my Frankie now!!

UpFrankie is now 8 weeks old & seeming more & more like a cockerel... but I would be VERY HAPPY if you all would tell me otherwise!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom