Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Yeah not going to try and guess on the Red and the White Silkies for gender (Chinese is a breed of goose not chicken)
The EE's (there is no i in Ameracuana) don't have any huge red flag rooish looks from thos pictures
Please explain more details about my EE now looking to you as a breed of Goose, which breed you are thinking as I am doing a
duc.gif
lol
thanks
And as far as the beak goes I think he/she looks like the rest of my flock, I am really curious as to what makes you think it?

Last edited:

Easter egger/silkie
Approx 14-15 weeks old, friendly but runs if I try and touch/pet it.
I'm hoping for a hen
fl.gif

What do you think????

Not an expert opinion here, but I think that is a boy. The wattles and comb are red and well developed for his age. But the real givaway for me is the red on his wings. Rule of thumb with EE's especially is that any red on the wings means roo. Sorry.

Hmm, I am still confused. I have 2 wyandotte/ EE crosses. One looked like it was a full partridge wyandotte, and now it has lsot almost all of the partride color and is more of a silver lace looking, but its tail feathers seem to have the green sheen to them. I was thinking cockeral, but I have seen a male d'anver jump it. the other one was born a yellow chick. it looks just like the bad rooster, yellow with a few black spots. It too I thought cockeral, butr have seen that d'anver jump it too.

So they are yellow 10 weeks the partridge is 8 weeks. Shouldnt I be 100% sure by now?

I'm estimating on the age. The family I got it from wasn't exactly sure of its age. If it was going to lay eggs they said by end of September was their guess. So I assume 14-15 weeks, maybe a little older???? All I know is no eggs and no crowing.......leaves me guessing.

I'm estimating on the age. The family I got it from wasn't exactly sure of its age. If it was going to lay eggs they said by end of September was their guess. So I assume 14-15 weeks, maybe a little older???? All I know is no eggs and no crowing.......leaves me guessing.

Most EE's don't lay at 20 weeks, I even know some that have not lair till 28weeks+. Not sure about a cross though. My roo actually did not start crowing until about 16 weeks, now he does it all the time. As I said, I'm not an expert nor 100% sure. I hope you find out though, I was looking at the last picture and they look a lot like saddle feathers.

I never said you have a goose. I said Chinese is a breed of goose not a breed of chicken.
LOL, sorry blame it on early morning rush, lmao
gig.gif
we call him chinese cus the rest of them are named Red, White, Black, Blue, Brown and chinese.. our kid named them all he is 5 we found it funny and didn't change it. they are named after their color and chinese is white with black markings. not sure why or how he came up with the name.

As for the birds you think Pullets ??

Back
Top Bottom