1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Egger with neck issues..help !

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tammybeets, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tammybeets

tammybeets New Egg

Jun 25, 2013
    Bought a 2-3- month old Easter Egger pullet at a swap, She seemed fine until this morning. Husband noticed she was hanging her head down. I isolated her and watched her. she will raise her head, and it will drop until her beak is on the ground. I raise it up, same thing happens. No injuries seen on her... has not been free ranging... no other in our flock are acting like this. Never seen this before....I gave her polyvisol drops w/o iron.....not sure what to do next...open to suggestions..Beautiful solid white girl that i want to save if possible...

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Is she underweight at all? Any poor coordination or limping? How/what is she eating?

3. LucyMatilda15

LucyMatilda15 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    She might have a vitamin deficiency. Does her head still droop if you try to pick her up/get her to stand up?

4. alije

alije Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2009
    Slovenia
    I had brahma hen, 4 month old, around 10 days ago she start moving her head back and forward like she vas trying to vomit; she start to lose weight, sadly I have to end her suffering yesterday…. I found piece of plastic stuck in the end of esophagus, blocking the stomach (grinder)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by