Easter Eggers, deep brown and Olive Eggers - any girls that aren't black?

DawsonsPeep

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Colorado
I was just wondering if it were possible to add a little yard candy to our laying flock. I was hoping to have both colorful hens AND colorful eggs...am I being too greedy?
So far we have an Ameraucana, BSL, Giant Cochin and Barred Rock. Hopefully, these ladies will lay some brown and possibly blue or pale green tinted eggs.
I am absolutely in love with the olive and chocolate colored eggs - but have only seen these eggs come from black hens. Since we already have half a flock of black beauties, I was wondering if there were any other feather colors available that produce stunning egg color?
I'm very new to having a backyard flock (hens ONLY!) - and friendliness is a concern, but if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears!
I personally love the look of those laced Barnevelders, but I know the eggs won't be darkly colored!
Pictures greatly appreciated!

I was just wondering if it were possible to add a little yard candy to our laying flock. I was hoping to have both colorful hens AND colorful eggs...am I being too greedy?
So far we have an Ameraucana, BSL, Giant Cochin and Barred Rock. Hopefully, these ladies will lay some brown and possibly blue or pale green tinted eggs.
I am absolutely in love with the olive and chocolate colored eggs - but have only seen these eggs come from black hens. Since we already have half a flock of black beauties, I was wondering if there were any other feather colors available that produce stunning egg color?
I'm very new to having a backyard flock (hens ONLY!) - and friendliness is a concern, but if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears!
I personally love the look of those laced Barnevelders, but I know the eggs won't be darkly colored!

Marans lay dark eggs, of course black copper marans normally lay the darkest. But blue, splash, white, and golden cuckoo marans lay fairly dark eggs. Now, Olive eggers come in all different colors!

I have a few Easter Eggers in my flock and none of my EE hens look anything like they did as chicks but they supply me with eggs of all colors from sky blue, olive green, pale green and even pink! All of my EE hens are friendly but they also know how to stand their ground in my flock.
Best wishes! :frow

Back
Top Bottom