Easter Eggers- Roos? Pullets? Please help!

I agree. The first one doesn't have any signs of being a rooster besides the larger comb. I think you have 4 pullets. They are all very pretty!
I agree....they all look like pullets to me...time will tell, soon you will know for sure....the first one looks very pullet to me in body, the redder comb, some mature faster...keep us posted.

welcome-byc.gif

They're all pullets. That first bird has classic female Ee coloring. If you look at her neck feathers against a piece of white paper, the feathers themselves aren't really pointed like they appear. The coloring makes an optical illusion of a point, but the feather itself is rounded. She'll be giving you eggs here in a few weeks, if not sooner.

That's true, the feathers look pointed but really are round, on the neck. I will keep you all posted on the results. Thanks all for responding! It would be great if they're Pullets since we can't own roos!:D

Last edited:
So far, two of them are confirmed Pullets, including the big golden one! The pretty dark one I think was a pullet, but she unfortunately was killed by my neighbor's dog. :( the last one I'm still not positive, but I'm leaning towards pullet.

Next time the neighbors dog even gets close to your birds, shoot it with a BB gun. xD that will teach it. I hear of so many beautiful birds that die from the neighbors dog. Frustrates me that the neighbors cant control their own pets. We hate our neighbors lol. Their dogs are vicious and the kids are annoying. They live in a dump and have a few sickly injured cats that they dont care about. They always come outside cussing and stuff. Though, they dont really care about our pets. Our yard is fenced and we only let thwm range under our careful eye.

Poultry Queen, I actually like this neighbor and they were devastated their dog went under the fence. I appreciate the sentiment, though, especially seeing where you are coming from! What an awful neighbor! We have since made pen and fence improvements so the dogs are no longer an issue. We did just lose another chicken to a darned possum though! Grr! That one I will definitely shoot if it comes back!

Back
Top Bottom