Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yeah. I figured the adult wasn't available. I was wondering about the young one. Makes sense that it's too soon to tell.

I probably need a little time with the first one before I start adding anyway...

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!!!!!
getsmiley.php

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!

Logged in to send a PM and thought I would stop by to wish everyone well. I have lost track of the thread for about a week and I would say it would take me that long to catch up. If I missed something important, let me know. LOL!!!

Are we still planning a butcher party? I got about 6 that I will be sending to chicken heaven soon.

PS... bantams available! Thinning the flock... interested in some great sweet birds, let me know. I love them, but if there is a home for them (some mixed, most purebred) where they will be equally loved, then so be it. Trying to get it down to just bantam breeders.... OEGB (silver duckwing and BB red), silver sebrights, buff sebright roo, some black with silver penciling crosses.

I'll be focusing on bantam white wyandottes, bantam Delawares, bantam Barnevelders, and bantam Barred Rocks.... all show quality (thus why I am focusing on them) on LF I'll only be actively breeding XW Barred Rocks and I have been convinced to keep at the LF Delawares. Looking at adding a few breeds, so please.... get your kids some handheld, handfed, babied, kissed and cuddled bantams.
wink.png

Seriously.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

bairo, what have you been feeding Frederick? He doesn't like the crumbles, has hardly touched them... so I gave him some rooster booster, started gobbling it up! he's been eating the left over rabbit feed as well..

Hope everyone had a great Christmas break!

merry X-mas!

I forget who all has ringneck doves on here, but anyone need a friend for theirs i have a spare lonely one thats in need of adopting out to good home shown (she is frosted blond one i had up, i just feel bad for her all alone now that her mate crashed at apparent break neck speed into the fireplace wall..).

Last edited:
Frederick is so big!!! He looks like he's wearing pants, too.
lau.gif

Well, the bunny was a huge hit. Her name is Jazzy and has hardly been left alone for an hour during daytime. She loves DH and hops to wherever he is in the room.
hu.gif

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

Oh, chickenut, I lost interest in the butchering party after I got my cockerels processed. I suggested we try one in the spring if I can talk myself into raising some Freedom Rangers. I'm not sure doing it would do me a lot of good since I've still not worked up the nerve to cook the ones already in my freezer.
hide.gif

Oh yeah! Remember the pullet with the mystery illness? The one that suddenly stopped being able to walk? Turns out that the parents discovered that the five-year-old daughter had been trying to teach her how to fly by throwing her in the air. They suspect she has a spinal injury because she's not improved at all during the last two weeks and are going to cull her.

So sad...

crud.. i already gave the aruacana hen away on xmas, with the bunnies to church member.. so if anyone interested in critters you will have email me, as im not getting my mail promtly on here. I was just reminded about the bunny problem why theirs are probly eating young and mine didnt (even though i removed their nest thinking they werent going to have babies..), as their nest boxes are fourth size of does maybe, and cages are just way to small for each, but just show cages. mine are getting the big cage to selves hopefully, as i said otherwise id give them the big meat rabbit cage for my dutch bunnies otherwise. i just dont get how people dont connect tiny bare environment to problems with stock, as they dont think that if they were locked in a closet with just food water, and then put together in with other just brief to mate, why everything isnt working out.. most animals we keep are kept because theyre extremely social group animals just like us..

Last edited:
pigeon prob;em with the younger young one's kit, seems to be resolving fast with the use of the kay-tee baby bird formula with probiotics, were all the money spent on antibiotic kinds did nothing except seem to debilitate and give them the poops before. im wondering if the younger ones were just took away to soon to sell, then the stresses and contact with foriegn illnesses and the cold just was to much for them, until some good bacteria was introduced.. ??? also thinking the leg things might just have been secondary infections to injuries caused by the things jumping down from so high and at times before separated again, larger males throwing them off perches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom