Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know, i just think im kinda put off by how much they eat and tear up, compared to the eggs and meat theyd put out, also he constant pooping! in comparision, the games see to hardly do anything and sure i have to eat two for every jumbo from a layer, but the layers i borrowed each ate and other wise (not very hardy or bright, but then again i like my cochins, rosecombs, and dutchies..).. alot more than my whole flock combined. course forgot i sent them home, and threw out way to much food that will probably be wasted now, as maybe a fourth was eaten. so the supposed layers and dual purpose birds are maybe not for me, but exploring new things.

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your Australorps? Thats what my "Elvis" was and i miss his crow so much. He'd sit directly under my window and sing to me in the morning >and in the middle of the night<

smile.png

Well, so far we have 10 of 12. I need a bigger box.
lol.png

I have decided that after this hatch to hatch out for others local. This means you all too as long as you are in driving distance. I have one more hatching yet to do after my 21 are done then it will be open for others. These are large fowl, tight feather very good foragers and friendly. Not to mention rooster are colorfull and do not have an extreme loud crow or often crow either.

@cybercat, you are going to hatch out Plymouth rocks for others, their eggs, or other breeds you have? i should breed my games out to sell for brooders, as fierce and protect eggs so fr from worst weather and predators, but will see how they do with the chicks i heard today peeping in their (im to afraid to stick my face in, as they sound like the full crate of veloca raptors at the beginning of Jurassic park). so ill just wai for them to come out on their own..

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your Australorps? Thats what my "Elvis" was and i miss his crow so much. He'd sit directly under my window and sing to me in the morning >and in the middle of the night<

I don't have many but I will email you what I do have of them... just email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with the pictures.

BTW my icon is my "Elvis" he passed away too. LOVED that bird!

Are wild strawberry's or maybe also called snake Berries poisonous to chickens? We have them growing next to the chicken coop under a cedar tree. I told my 4 year old just yesterday not to eat them or give them to our pets. Because I thought they were poisonous. Well I just caught him feeding them to the chickens.
duc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

I don't have many but I will email you what I do have of them... just email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with the pictures.

BTW my icon is my "Elvis" he passed away too. LOVED that bird!

Ok will do....here is my elvis, i was told he was an Austrolorp, but the colors make me think he was a mix or something completely different.
theboys.jpg
He's on the right, my 3 year old son named him.

elviscloseup.jpg
and his close up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom