Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have sebrights at the one vending spot at the flea market, and they all usually look to standard, but the one uy said he has to cross out to OEGB or rosecomb, and then cross back every so often (rarely he said though with his), and only had some of the OEGB and rosecomb bleed through, in older birds, and just culls early as shown. i was told my rosecomb cock would have fertility issues like sebright cocks being sterile also, but ive had no issues, and others say you can breed the cocks out and cross back, but dont know. anyone have any good info id be interested to hear. i jus never got why get a cock thatll crow its head off but not look like pretty rooster, but lately curious about trying some out (but need to seveirly downsize my games). every one of my rosecombs eggs are fertile and babies the most vibrant out of all, so maybe i got lucky of he is just not showing mutt genes, but was show bird but just given when the guy had to move out of state to city, though rosecomb genes arnt very strong, as only few have it, and one i still have is probably rooster. on the silkies i just dont know if my rooster knows how to get through the fluff, but havent tried incubating the eggs yet, as ill wait and put my silkies by them selves or with cochins till try to incubate eggs, also still not sure if theirs or theyre stealing them, but heard the dark blue to one black pearl ish colored egg is from silkies possibly, as tiny also.

Last edited:
On the silkies I have had no problem with fertility, actually they are the best hatching ones I have right now, however cochins are another story entirely. Most major cochin breeders breed them artificially due to all the feathers being an issue, I have yet to have one single cochin egg hatch out of either of my pens. It is very rare so ive heard that you will have fertility issues with silkies but when you do its probably time to get another rooster, In one pen I have an equal number of roosters and hens and almost every egg hatches, of course they dont fight either.

see im curious to know which roos of which breeds are gentle to each other, and which breeds have fertility issues. oh, and thanks, now ill be worried about my bantam cochins breeding capabilities, to give me maybe more adorable lavender babies.

Hi guys im in the maynardville area just wanted to say hi
big_smile.png

A lot of people have to trim their English Orps to help with fertility. I've not had to so far. Thank goodness.
fl.gif

Hi, there, christy0701.
welcome-byc.gif

Well you can always do AI on the cochins but its not easy, as far as which ones I have had fertility issues out of just the cochins, but I have heard that rosecomb breeds all have that problem, I personally dont know as my slw bantams are not laying. The roosters, i would say silkies are by far the gentlest from my birds and from what others have said. My cochin roosters will try to fight even though they are nothing but fluff (see my pic <---), the d'uccles will fight got one of those who attacks me, both hens and roosters in the games ( OEG and Moderns) are equally as bad if anything one of our hens is worse than the boys, cornish will fight though not sure on the hens. If you want to keep two roosters with a group of hens it is best that they are brothers and have always been raised together and make sure you never take one out for long as they may not allow a reintroduction back into the group.

lol now that sounds scary
gig.gif
. I also have one bird that I cant show not because hes not a good bird or anything but because he passes out when I try to give him a bath, I have heard of fainting goats but until I got this guy I had never seen a chicken do it before.

Odd! I can post here! But I cant edit my page.... Its an Android phone problem I bet!

Im Kim! I joined Ameraucana Breeders Club, I have a hatching of eggs in lavendar and split. Some juvenile Welsumers, and 3 EE... That I will be selling. Hoping for Marans, Black Copper or Wheaten... And partridge silkies in the future!

I live near Chattanooga!

Hi to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom