Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there too! Not getting there until closer to 8:30 though.
If you cannot find him a home soon, I can always meet your Hubbie and or you, and take him back. I should have quail eggs hatching at some point, I am sure I could talk your hubbie into bringing them home to momma :p
You are very welcome. You and Hubbie come and visit!
Here is Sizzle-boy taken about Nov just b/f he started crowing. He is more boy looking now. He has TEAL ear lobes.

The main issue is I can't let him free range b/c of my barn cats, & I've re-homed all the non-ranging banty gals he was w/ so he does need to move on soon.

Right now my big problem though is my home made cooler bator has left me w/ only one live chick out of 11 maran & Ame. eggs :( the lone chick is soooo tiny must have been a pullet egg.
(Came w/ the duck eggs so figured ok why not). I have 1 of my own chicken eggs due to hatch w/ the ducks (a late add of 1st egg from new Ame. Roo) but if those eggs also don't make it then this poor tiny chick will be a lone chick and that isn't good at all. I'm trying to come up w/ a plan , do you think there will be any chicks at the show?

Well...I have been a member of this thread since the beginning...made a great deal of friends which makes this so very hard.
It has been tried to discredit me as a breeder which is really sad because I have worked very hard on my farm. But...I am tired and feel it is time to move on as others have. It has moved me to just cut myself from all of this.

This has been a wonderful thread and I wish everyone well and hopes they prosper in their endeavors. If anyone needs to contact me feel free to do so at [email protected]
I will miss some of you terribly so...good luck.

~Terry~ aka TNBarnQueen

I find it hard to accept, you and Bairio have been most helpful to me as a new person to chickens and recently relocating here to eastern Tn. I thank both of you very much for being welcoming and helpful and wish you guys would reconsider and only the best wishes for 2 good hearted peeps. If I can ever help, (which I highly doubt) you can email me at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno. My friend Ann said there is alot of everything there. I have silkies hatching , or supposed to hatch tomorrow. Then I have Cochin, Amerucana, Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, and a bunch of others hatching on the 15th. Need any of those?
I am hoping to pick up some Cochins at the show. Maybe a buff silkie rooster, and some white silkie hens. I have to goto Alabama next week to pick up some birds, and then to Cleveland almost to polk Co. If you tell me what your looking for I can keep an eye out.

I dunno. My friend Ann said there is alot of everything there. I have silkies hatching , or supposed to hatch tomorrow. Then I have Cochin, Amerucana, Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, and a bunch of others hatching on the 15th. Need any of those?
I am hoping to pick up some Cochins at the show. Maybe a buff silkie rooster, and some white silkie hens. I have to goto Alabama next week to pick up some birds, and then to Cleveland almost to polk Co. If you tell me what your looking for I can keep an eye out.
ok
Right now it is just a matter of needing a buddy for this little EE chick. & I mean LITTLE.
I've been told single chicks gen. die of being lonely.

It is 24 hrs old and when I removed the bad eggs which it had been hugging/sleeping on it cried and cried. It is snuggling w/ the remaining 1 chicken & 5 duck eggs but they 2-3x its size. So I guess I need the smallest chick I can get, asap, just to be a buddy for this one assuming this one makes it to the weekend. If that one chicken egg would hatch everything might be fine...

Let me see if it survives another night, then I'll pm you.

On a different note, I am looking for some Marans (a roo and 3-4 hens) and 6 Easter Egger hens (that lay blue eggs) and I will also need a roo and 4 hens of a white egg layer breed (thinking leghorn but not sold on anything yet). My flock is 12 weeks old hatched Nov 7, so something close to that would be preferable. any help would be appreciated. Maybe we can work a trade for down the road, I have breeding pairs of RIR's, Barred rocks, Silver laced Wyndottes, Cochins, Dark Cornish, 2 green legged Roo's, (came from hatchery so I have no idea if they are blue or green layers), and I have 4 Jumbo Cornish x rocks hens 1 roo (C Rex), if you want to try to put some dinosaur genes into your flock. Heck I would even trade labor for feathers if ya need that.

OHH you have some Cochins, Amerucana, and Orps as well, may I ask which?

I am looking for some ameraucana chicks. Are you perhaps going to be selling any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom