Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are OK I hope those East of us are for they got the worst. We got hit by the last 2 super cells at around 11pm abd 12 am. No damage at all. Most of the storms bypassed us being further North and running up 81. Those that went threw Newport hit us since they came up 321.

I can wish this is the last of the real bad weather we shall see but I know that is not true. I suggest everyone get storm packages together for emergiancy. Things will be getting worse as year progresses. This has be fortold for centeries. It seems our mother earth is resetting her energer and weather patterns so who knows how much more we shall get. I do know they say untill next year which will be owrse than this year. So make plans now.

We had tornatoes all around us last night, it wiped out the subdivision our son lives in, about 20 miles from us, thankfully it spared his house. We had minor damage here, it knocked down one of the chicken coops, but it could have been so much worse. We are still without power though, it has been off about 18hrs now. Unfortunally I have 10 sportsman incubators running and full of eggs, so quess I am going to loose over 2500 eggs. I do have a generator but I had to choose between all the chicks, guineas, turkeys and pheasant babies or the incubators, so I chose to keep all the babies alive, they were very happy to have their lights back on! I hope everyone made it through this terrible weather ok.

Knoxville seemed to be hammered with hail but Oak Ridge managed to make it through with just strong wind and rain! Hope everyone gets a quick recovery !!!!!

Also, I am looking for silkie babies or hatching eggs near Knoxville, anyone have any for sale?

Thanks!

Hope everyone is well!

I guess most know I work at TSC... if I got one call or person comming in looking for generators, I had 100... all sold out, of course.

Quote:
I heard today that there were dead horses in trees on Lookout Mountain... along with dead people. How messed up is that?

Had a customer today tell me that when they were growing up in the midwest tornados would take cattle and put them down in other farms. Of course they weren't all ok... but sometimes they would be fine... just relocated.

Also heard a woman call the radio last night to ask for help. Apparently there was a horse trailer that got picked up and blown over and the horses were strewn accross the road. I always worry about the animals.

Quote:
How long was your power out? Hopefully it will just delay the hatch a few days and not be a total loss.

Good Luck.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Edited to say if I had read closely I would have seen that it was 18 hours. But still there is hope, there is always hope. Besides your neighbors have an inside track on grace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom