Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well, considering they are getting there stock from MM I would not count on it breeding true. The say they buy chicks then raise to sell them. They are not doing much breeding then buy the looks of it.

Yea, I was not getting my hopes up that they were doing any true breeding. I may ride over there one day just to see whats going on though. The three lines I have now (Morrow, Braydon, and Tate) I got from Stacy is enough to get started....but I was looking to get some more grown out enough by spring to see the conformation so I would have more traits to choose from once I really ramped it up.

Well, I though we got all the metal drums out of the creek bed
rant.gif
The heavy rain today washed down some more. It is too thick to try to walk up the bed to see if there is more to come. Also more downed trees washed down. We got to get all that junk up before it gets into the man sized tubes under the drive. Humm or maybe just let it pass thru to the other side. At least I wouldn't have to look at it
barnie.gif
till I get to that area to clean. I had a huge fire this weekend. Got rid of the 2 plum trees the storm took out as well as 3 trucks worth of brush & brammbles. I can't say enough about how much I hate saw briars. Some where a good 30' long! I still have piles of brush to burn. The power company didn't help me out either. They came and cut the tops out of a bunch of tree this summer. Had I known they just dumped them in the woods, they'd be chipping them up. But, I can't say anything cause they are on the other side of the property line. But, since I am the one who has to look at it We will clear it out. Maybe offer to buy some of the land next to us from him. He will not miss an acre or two! Not that you can build anything on it. Not with a part time creek & bog on it. Our property is half thick woods on a hill down to flat grass to the creek then up again. Got to love the rolling hill!

Closest processors in somerset ky. Several of us here in east tn have been learning how to do this . Trust me I had looked & checked before having to learn this skill.

For us in union co crawford is out of business & hellms does not do chickens we had checked they don't do rabbits either

ps. It was good to see barn queen again today and to meet castrophoto (although it was pouring, so no time to chat much) Daphne..I sent up 48 cc. I think we talked about 36, but since your OCD kicked in on the paypal balance, I sent an extra unit with castro. LMAO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom