Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
OMG I have to unsubscribe. You people are killing me with the bunny pics! Must......look.....away......aaaaahhhh! Merry Christmas, Tennesseans!

I'll direct this at you and Bairo:

C'mon... drink the Kool Aid...

In my three whole days experience, bunnies are easier than chickens.
bun.gif

Quote:
OK, instead of wrapping presents and rolling out the gingerbread I spent a good part of the day reading about rabbit mating and "kindling". You are a bad, bad influence!

also, I just checked with my friend who had a male skinny pig for sale and he is already sold. Bummer.....was going to see if you wanted a last minute christmas gift for your son! LOL

I may or may not be getting 7 new Skinnies next week. MAYBE.

Quote:
NICE!
bow.gif
Remind me to NOT post pictures of the ones I built.
tongue.png

So, would the chinchilla one and the one I have not be a good match?

For breeding? Depends on what you want to breed for. Pt White (aka Himi) crosses best IMO with Black, Pt White, Siamese Sable. Crossing with blues lightens the points. You can cross anything with anything if you want to, just may get strange colors out of them.

That Chinchilla buck of mine will be flashy but NOT breeding quality, in any way shape or form. Will be WAY too big, ears will be WAY too big, and its a sable chinchilla and not a true chinchilla which is an oopsy. It should be a pet only, to be honest. It'll be darn cute though.

The doe you got is a nice little thing, a little on the long eared side (but not bad at all) and carries the Vienna gene (white spot on nose). If you wanted something that you may make some nice little babies out of, go with the black buck I have now (the breeder quality, not the bigger eared pet quality) OR a siamese sable or pt white from a later litter. The siamese sable brother to the chinchilla might not be a bad choice at all, if I decide to sell him. I am looking to replace my best siamese sable buck, but I don't believe this youngun will cut it as a replacement. If that ends up being true, as I am pretty darn sure it will, he will be sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom