Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into lock down a week from today for hopefully some pipping the morning of the 28th.
fl.gif

I placed 11 for the little bator test run and 1 got pulled on day 6. We shall see if I had any quitters...no stink yet though so I am optimistic we could get 10.

Terri, Dont you and someone else have some going as well?

Edited... How is every ones production? Mine has come way up lately, so me and the dogs get fried eggs almost every morning again :) There was a week there we got all the way down to 2 a day, now back up to 7-9 a day.

Eyep! I have Lav Orps to hatch tomorrow...then from there the 20th, 22nd, 25th, on up til the first week of Feb. I am doing fertility on most. But the Blue Marans will be for sale. I wonder just how cold an egg can get before it affects the embryo. I think with my running a light 24/7 is confusing some of the hens and a few (those I REALLY need) are laying at night..so by the time I get to the hen house they are pretty cold. I have a 400 watt light for the younger ones who need heat but no way I can afford to put more lights out for everyone.
It is so nice to see chicks hatch again...I had forgotten over the past couple months just how much fun it is. Hopefully by spring I have hatching eggs to sell!!!
ya.gif

Hey tennesseeckn, weren't you gonna get some freedom rangers? Welp has some red rangers on their hatchery now! I
love.gif
Welp!! When were you going to get them?

East Tennesse hello I am here too!
I have a variety of birds too. Once you get one you have to have more.
have lemon and lavendar orpingtons, siver susex, silkies(for brooders), gold campines, silver phoenix, wc polish, seramas,cream brabaners,also have ringnecks, some peacocks and chocolate guineas to add to the noise level.

have lemon and lavendar orpingtons, siver susex, silkies(for brooders), gold campines, silver phoenix, wc polish, seramas,cream brabaners,also have ringnecks, some peacocks and chocolate guineas to add to the noise level.
welcome-byc.gif

Wow quite a collection you have there! Although, I noticed you didn't mention ducks...
wink.png

ETA: A picture of that wyandotte up for trade

Last edited:
@starfoxfarm

ooooo.. i want to see your ringnecks, peafowl, and especially chocolate guinea (as only seen natural, grey, black, and white).

Last edited:

jumpy.gif
welcome-byc.gif
jumpy.gif

Glad to have you....feel free to jump in at any time.

Eyep! I have Lav Orps to hatch tomorrow...then from there the 20th, 22nd, 25th, on up til the first week of Feb. I am doing fertility on most. But the Blue Marans will be for sale. I wonder just how cold an egg can get before it affects the embryo. I think with my running a light 24/7 is confusing some of the hens and a few (those I REALLY need) are laying at night..so by the time I get to the hen house they are pretty cold. I have a 400 watt light for the younger ones who need heat but no way I can afford to put more lights out for everyone.
It is so nice to see chicks hatch again...I had forgotten over the past couple months just how much fun it is. Hopefully by spring I have hatching eggs to sell!!!
ya.gif
Go with red bulb......and drop the light closer to the ground so you can go to a 250 watt or less. The other hens will not be bothered by red as much and when it is close to ground it wont throw as much light out over by them.

You can make a "snuggly pipe"
hugs.gif
too.
2-3 foot section of 3-4" PVC, 2 caps. shove a small strand of Christmas lights in the pipe and cap the ends (drill one for cord to come thru) Lay pipe on ground and chicks will snuggle up to it. Will stay about 85 degrees with lights plugged in. PVC wont be affected until at least 150 degrees....so your safe.

@grawg

Is that a partridge Wyan? She just looks so much more chocolate on the base color than what ive seen before.

idunno.gif
Just repeating what was told to me...she has always looked very dark chocolate colored to me as well. Here's another picture showing different light.

Oh btw, do you have that sheet with the poultry show dates handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom