Easy fondant recipes? Share yours!

Daddas1Punkin

Crowing
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Ca.
I need some easy recipes cause i need to make A LOT on thursday!!!!!!! I need to make some BLACK food coloring, i think i will make it with blue and purple, but i need ideas!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! I NEED IT! and some that will roll really flat too... thanks
fl.gif

I made a bunch of marshmallow fondant just this morning- It's easy, and much cheaper than the stuff from the store-I used to have a real recipe, but I make it so often.... Here's what I do:

1 pound of mini marshmallows - check your bag- most are 10 oz
a handful of crisco
3 tablespoons of light Karo syrup
wilton clear vanilla and butter flavorings- about a tablespoon of each
2# bag of powdered sugar

grease a large bowl with the crisco, and leave the rest in the bowl. Add marshmallows and melt in the mircrowave until completely melted, stirring often.
A heavy duty mixer (mine is a kitchen aid pro) is a must! you will burn up a standard mixer doing this. add marshmallow/crisco to mixer bowl, then karo, flavorings and par tof the powdered sugar. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth and mixture cools some, then change to the dough hook and add the rest of the sugar and knead for several minutes. Mixture will be soft and semi sticky. Turn out onto a greased countertop and knead until smooth. Tint as desiders with paste food colors, and wrap in plastic wrap until use. I warm my fondant slightly in the microwave to make it easier to roll out.

As for your black fondant- you need to go to walmart or a cake supply store and buy black paste color or you will never get true black. It takes ALOT of it too.

I made a bunch of marshmallow fondant just this morning- It's easy, and much cheaper than the stuff from the store-I used to have a real recipe, but I make it so often.... Here's what I do:

1 pound of mini marshmallows - check your bag- most are 10 oz
a handful of crisco
3 tablespoons of light Karo syrup
wilton clear vanilla and butter flavorings- about a tablespoon of each
2# bag of powdered sugar

grease a large bowl with the crisco, and leave the rest in the bowl. Add marshmallows and melt in the mircrowave until completely melted, stirring often.
A heavy duty mixer (mine is a kitchen aid pro) is a must! you will burn up a standard mixer doing this. add marshmallow/crisco to mixer bowl, then karo, flavorings and par tof the powdered sugar. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth and mixture cools some, then change to the dough hook and add the rest of the sugar and knead for several minutes. Mixture will be soft and semi sticky. Turn out onto a greased countertop and knead until smooth. Tint as desiders with paste food colors, and wrap in plastic wrap until use. I warm my fondant slightly in the microwave to make it easier to roll out.

As for your black fondant- you need to go to walmart or a cake supply store and buy black paste color or you will never get true black. It takes ALOT of it too.
THANKS! All i can say is i am now covered in powdered sugar!
hide.gif
lol, (the bag spilled on me cause my hands were greasy so i almost dropped te bag! OOPS! anyways, it was perfect! THANK YOU!!! for the black, i just got some edible paper stuff.
highfive.gif
thanks again

Ha! no! I couldn't make a living off my cakes! i am notorious for saying- "it's your gift" or "I will do it at cost" (and it ends up costing more, lol) for friends and family. but I hav ebeen told by many that I should open a shop and bake professionally. Some day, maybe
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom