Easy Scalder Build !!

Results are in !!!
Outdoor temp 53*F
Initial water Temp 87*F (I used hot water from the hose in the garage)
It was a slow process getting the water up to temp so after 50 minutes I went to the barn to do chores and by the time I remembered about the heater being on it was 2 hours later. Oops!! Soooooo I will guess that it took 1 1/2 hours to get the water temp up to 145*f. I absolutely love the controller. Set your turn on temp then set the off temp and that’s it. I also set the low and high temp alarms which is a nice feature.
Here are some photos:
Heater
View attachment 2138454View attachment 2138459
Temperature Controller
View attachment 2138455View attachment 2138457View attachment 2138456View attachment 2138458
Turkey Fryer test pot:
View attachment 2138460View attachment 2138461View attachment 2138462View attachment 2138463
I made an S hook to hold the heater up out of the water.
Conclusion:
This should work really well BUT start off with hot water from the tap or boil some water to start with. Unless you are willing to wait for the water to heat up. I like the fact that I won’t have to babysit the water temp. With the alarms set on the controller it will beep once you are over or under preset temps. I can’t wait to put this to use!
Great .. This will help me to keep the water hot.

another thing that might help is putting hot water in the pot with the lid on to pre heat the pot. I found the metal sucks the heat out of the water. I dump the preheat water after 10 min and fill up with hot water. I turn my water heater up so the water is 150 to 160 f but I have natural gas.

Great .. This will help me to keep the water hot.

another thing that might help is putting hot water in the pot with the lid on to pre heat the pot. I found the metal sucks the heat out of the water. I dump the preheat water after 10 min and fill up with hot water. I turn my water heater up so the water is 150 to 160 f but I have natural gas.
Not sure if I am going to stick with the turkey fryer or use a plastic laundry sink. Either way I will likely use bubble wrap insulation on both.

Yep the metal is real bad at sucking the heat out. It’s also doesnt help that I put the metal pot on concrete also. I figured that was worse case scenario and it was able to do the job.

Back
Top Bottom