Eating the flooring

SmotherHen

Chirping
Apr 20, 2020
Maine
We have linoleum under our coop (coop is within a large shed) in hopes of easy cleaning. Our hens are ripping and we think pecking/eating some of it. Lino is from the 80'-90's. Anyone have any thoughts on what we can use to cover it up? An unfinished wood floor is under the lino but we were hoping to spare it.

We have linoleum under our coop (coop is within a large shed) in hopes of easy cleaning. Our hens are ripping and we think pecking/eating some of it. Lino is from the 80'-90's. Anyone have any thoughts on what we can use to cover it up? An unfinished wood floor is under the lino but we were hoping to spare it.
What bedding are you using over the linoleum and how thick is it?
I just used 2 coats of Porch and Floor paint on my plywood coop floor. It's holding up just fine.

What bedding are you using over the linoleum and how thick is it?
I just used 2 coats of Porch and Floor paint on my plywood coop floor. It's holding up just fine.
Thanks Tonya. I may do that in the spring but I'm looking for ideas to try to protect the floor now. I'm using 6- 10" wood chips from tractor supply. I was planning on using the deep litter method but the weather has been to warm to build up a base. they scratch until they get to the floor as litter is loose. But they're cozy!

It's vinyl. It's not glued down. Damage has been removed at this point so can't send a pic. My temporary fix was ripping up the damaged area and putting down heavy cardboard until it's warm enough to paint the shed floor underneath the coop. thank you for your reply! If this doesn't work, I'll obtain some plywood next.

Back
Top Bottom