ebay araucanas

2hot2chicken

Songster
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
Beaverton
I know ebay is a bad place to buy eggs most of the time but I like ot look. I am looking into the possibility of ordering some araucana eggs. Today I found an add for rare color araucana hatching eggs that is hillarious!
They say rare colors but they are not even recognised colors to what I could tell of the bad pics.
They say tuffted and rumpless, but every silge picture is cut off just before the tail and the way the back is they do not look to be rumpless to me! The 1-2 pics that are distant pics of small chickens show at leased a small tail not a pure rumpless!

I just think its funny what some people tr to get away with!!! Cutting off the pics at the tail though is a pretty sneaky move if you ask me.

If even remotely in doubt I would not bid. Do yourself a favor and buy from one f the breeders on here. You can check out the araucana thread here and most people are more than glad to provide you with fantastic pictures of their birds.

If even remotely in doubt I would not bid. Do yourself a favor and buy from one f the breeders on here. You can check out the araucana thread here and most people are more than glad to provide you with fantastic pictures of their birds.

I definatly would not buy hatchings from ebay! I just like to look to see whats out there and the prices people charge for what they "think" they have. I think its funny but this was pretty far out there for araucanas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARAUCANA-TR...390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c15c1eee

They also do not even list where they are from just USA..... I for 1 would like to see how far away the eggs would be traveling before I would even bit on them! If its from the farthest tip of FL I pass cause Im in OR and thats to far to travel and hope for a good hatch.

I definatly would not buy hatchings from ebay! I just like to look to see whats out there and the prices people charge for what they "think" they have. I think its funny but this was pretty far out there for araucanas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARAUCANA-TR...390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c15c1eee

They also do not even list where they are from just USA..... I for 1 would like to see how far away the eggs would be traveling before I would even bit on them! If its from the farthest tip of FL I pass cause Im in OR and thats to far to travel and hope for a good hatch.

Well, I've ordered from that seller and had an excellent hatch! If you look at the first picture, the lavender rooster closest to the camera is rumpless. Rumpless is a dominant gene, so if the main breeding rooster is rumpless, then he can pass it on to his offspring. Some breeders actually use tailed birds in their breeding program in order to increase fertility, since a rumpless booty can interfere with that.

From the hatch, I got black chicks and lavender chicks. Tufts and rumpless booties. Lavenders are not an SOP color, but it may be someday if enough breeders work on them.

Well, I've ordered from that seller and had an excellent hatch! If you look at the first picture, the lavender rooster closest to the camera is rumpless. Rumpless is a dominant gene, so if the main breeding rooster is rumpless, then he can pass it on to his offspring. Some breeders actually use tailed birds in their breeding program in order to increase fertility, since a rumpless booty can interfere with that.

From the hatch, I got black chicks and lavender chicks. Tufts and rumpless booties. Lavenders are not an SOP color, but it may be someday if enough breeders work on them.

It says: Hink-jc... but I don't think the sellers are actually J&C. I think this seller bought birds from HINK JC and now are producing their own eggs and calling them HINK JC lines.

It says: Hink-jc... but I don't think the sellers are actually J&C. I think this seller bought birds from HINK JC and now are producing their own eggs and calling them HINK JC lines.

Just like everyone and their brother says their Black Copper Marans are from Jeane Wade lines.

Gary Ramey sells his hatching eggs on ebay and he is a very reputable breeder so never say never. I have bought his hatching eggs off ebay several times. I also in the past have bought adult birds from him. He has beautiful birds. Hinkjc has also had actual ads to sell their eggs on ebay as well as Ann Cushing. I have listed my hatching eggs on ebay in the past also, but now find that I have a large waiting list and rarely have extra eggs hanging around.

Ebay can be a great resource if you know what you are looking at. I would never order from someone who couldn't spell tufted, for one. Its not tuffed. Also they need to show pictures of their rumpless and tufted birds. If they do not than I assume they really don't have any and are just trying to fool people.

Lanae

Lanae,

thanks for defending gary...i too have gotten adult birds from gary...they are awesome. Our line is built entirely form garys birds.

As for listing on ebay, we listed hatching eggs for the first time two weeks ago.

check out our new website: www.freewebs/com/tinkersagain2

only tinkers (barb)
star studio ranch
marion , tx

Back
Top Bottom