Ebay auction...are these eggs worth it?

Good Luck! I hope you get a great hatch and lots of chicks!
jumpy.gif

Thanks sundown!!

Wow magsrags!! Those are beautiful babies!! What is the one with the yellow beak? How old are those babies? Check out the feathers on their feet!!

Quote:
That one hatched out of the silkie chicks. As explained to me, the cuckoo silkies throw the lighter beaks and pink combs like mine here below. Seems to be a trait with them which I just learned about myself.:<)
They all come out really different at times. The one with the big top knot was born with a really large vaulted skull as compared to the others. I've had the same thing here in my hatches.
My 2 silkies are pictured here below to compare with. Same thing, my light beak came from a cuckoo pen and has lighter eyes/beak.
My dark beak had a HUGE vaulted skull. Looked almost like a Polish.LOL
The other one didn't but the top not is filling out nicely.

Very young pics.

14386_grey1.jpg

14386_grey2.jpg

And here they are now at 7 weeks old.

14386_laural4.jpg

14386_hardy3.jpg

Last edited:
OMG!!
lau.gif
Those poor things have spiked doos!
gig.gif
I was thinking I had heard something about them having lighter beaks. Do they get darker as they age, or does it stay that way? Is that considered a fault, or is it just a trait of the cuckoos?

Yes, they are now beginning to REALLY feather out!
gig.gif
They could star in a band!!!
lau.gif

I do believe the beak stays light. As I don't show birds at all....I have no idea about faults I'm afraid.
Hope you have a great hatch! I love all my silkies............
woot.gif

My son is addicted to the little boogers. I didn't like them at first, but they kind of grow on you. I'm partial to the nonbeardeds myself, but he saw a pic of a bearded white the other day and told me he wants some 'fluffies' (as he calls them) that have all the feathers. I told him he had some, and he said something about how he liked the ones that you couldn't see their faces. He will be very happy to know that they would be easier to catch, since they can't see! The white ones we have now are just the sweetest birds! My son said he wants a whole bunch (arms stretched as far as they would go!)

I've bought both Silkies and D'uccles from her a few times. She's got very nice birds. And she is very good to deal with. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Paula:)

Well, I'm thinking I got these for a bargain! The same seller has other bidding auctions for eggs. The bearded white's eggs are now at almost $22 just for 6 eggs!! I got mine for 16.99
big_smile.png
The buffs are at $20.50, mine were 14.99
wink.png
and the cuckoos are at $15.49, by far the cheapest, but mine were still less, at 14.99!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Obviously I'm not the only one that thinks these birds are gorgeous!! Now let's just hope I have a good hatch from them!
fl.gif

Quote:
Shelley, now you KNOW I have to get some eggs so we can hatch together again
smile.png
How are t he duckies doing???
Christina

Back
Top Bottom