1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ebook Reader Readers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whitehouse Quail, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I've been considering getting a Kindle, or a nOOk, but I'm not sure if I would use them.

I am a book-a-holic, I am almost never with a book. But recently, I've been trying to reserve things from the library more and more to keep it fresh, but the library doesn't have my interests and I am on tremendous waiting lists for books such as Angels and Demons.

Would it be worth it for me to get a Kindle or Nook?

But my biggest question: Would I be able to adjust to reading books on an electronic doo-hickey

Any opinions are welcome! [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    www.mybebook.com has a nice E-reader. Unfortunately it's temporarily out of stock.

I think you'd probably be able to adjust! The screens don't glow or flicker so it's a lot like a normal book without the snot on the cover!

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Barnes and Noble stores should have demos of the Nook available to check out

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I recently got a kindle and I love it! I like it much better than the Sony one I tried at Borders, though I haven't tried the Nook. It is very easy to use and since I am the kind of person who is always reading several books at a time, it is perfect! I have gotten many books for free that I wouldn't have otherwise read and it has really expanded my reading base. It didn't take much at all to get used to pressing a button rather than flipping a page and it is so much easier to read one-handed now. The kindle is great! Here is an article comparing the two: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10379125-1.html . I prefer the kindle's key system to a touch screen one, but if you like the idea of a tough screen, it might be worth waiting for a nook (apparently they are sold out for the rest of the year).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by