i woke up on my birthday sept 23 to find that my drinking water had a horrible smell. through testing i found that my water had colliform and ecoli. i immediatly stopped watering my chicks with the water but am now not sure if my eggs are safe anymore. i still eat them myself but im afraid to sell them to anyone. can ecoli go from drinking water to egg? will the ecoli stay in the birds and thus the eggs too. im scared to even ask but have got to find out has anyone had this problem. thanks in advance.