Ecomony - What Part of Your Macro-Ecomony are you happy

buc

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
kansas
I'll start with the hope each of you will take minute to add your own.

I am happy with the fact that DW and I are debt free, that we own a piece of land large enough to grow almost all of our own food and meat.

Buc, I have an M.A. or M.S. (?) degree in economics from Purdue University's Krannert Graduate School of Industrial Management. I had to take macro and micro economics, but I can't remember anything that I learned other than what a fellow student told me the first week of class. He said that if all the economists in the world were laid end to end, they'd never reach a common conclusion. So I don't know how to reply to your macro question. Sorry...

EDIT: I had Purdue University's Krannert Graduate School of Economics before I changed it just now. You'd think that I could at least remember the name of the school and the name of degree to say nothing about what I learned while there. I think I'm losing it.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a BA in Economics from Park College, MO and I made a huge error in my title for this thread, I meant to type

Your Micro-Economy -

example - in my case my DW cans everything that we grow and looking at the shelves of food gives me a real piece of mind when it comes to the current economics of the day

You mean in the whole big scheme of economic things, what do I find that is *good*? Hmm well my house is paid off, and I live in the country. I know how to keep an old car running with nylons and a penny, and I how to make applejack. Bring it on!

* Well, I was really mad when DH sold our house for a bunch less than our asking price-- But, now that I realize just what a giant pyramid scheme our greater economy is, I guess we didn't do too badly. . . .

Yes! Being almost debt free!

Knowing that we did all the work on our beeeautiful home by ourselves. 10 years so far. We're not done.

joeB... you're over-thinking it!

Except for our mortage, we are debt-free. I know how to garden and have a garden spot. We live on almost two acres. We have chickens and ducks for eggs and for meat (if we had to). We have a goat that I could milk although that would be a learning experience. We have a concrete cold cellar and it can also be used for a bomb shelter if needed. (You know that is the first time I thought about it). We have an abundance of deer and wild rabbits and wild turkeys that roam through our area. I can sew and can and you know the saying, "A country boy (or girl) can survive.

Don't really understand the micro macro bit..... but we are blessed for being mortgage free, we own all our vehicles, we do not have any debts thank goodness, and we are able to feed ourselves fully, milk, beef, lamb, veggies etc etc etc...my husband is far wiser than I and very forward thinking....thinking back to many light years ago whence he said all that is happening in todays world already is........

Back
Top Bottom