Economy- has it come down to this?

lol.png

My mother and I joked about putting her guinea pigs in loaf pans, taking pictures, sending them out in the Christmas cards with a message that said "We'll see you for Christmas dinner."

Love the silkie in a pot pic.

Quote:
I'm going to process mine at about 4-5 months too. But, the sussex grow fast and get very large. I'll probably process them around 8 lbs or so. My Rooster now, is around 13 lbs at 9 months old.

wow thats a huge roo! I have a FBCM and White Orp roo that are only 5 months old but they are huge and still growing so much-those are the only 2 LF roos I am keeping going into winter-oh and 1 BLRW roo-Unless one of my lav orp chicks is a roo too:) The rest of the LF roos will go towards saving groceery money on meat

Oh, he is huge! I had to fight him once inside of a 3' x 4' box, and I didn't think I was coming out
gig.gif
(They have a 3'x8' but I had to section it off, I thought it would be easier to catch him in a small space.) NO!! I need room to run................ I briefly thought of a 13 lb chicken in my oven
droolin.gif
But, he's the only one I have right now at breeding age, so I couldn't do it.

Chickens are crunchy on the outside, and gooey on the inside.... Unless you pluck and cook them.

Chicken sushi never caught on. Even Baer Grills doesn't eat uncooked chicken and that guy will eat *any* thing.

Rhino beetle larva are NOT the perfect survival food. Those are s'mores and hamburgers, with Budweiser. I don't know how this guy gets that stuff mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom