Edens Acre - The Story of My Flock

Yeah I like to be able to have things come to me but think it can be a little isolating when you don't have to go anywhere 😔. And figuring out some of it has been difficult but I have older children 25 and 26 who school me regularly on how to do things or what some of the new "lingo" means haha 😂
We live in the middle of nowhere so yes I understand the isolation part of it. Although I sometimes think it would be nice to have groceries delivered so I don't have to go get them myself. :gig Kids sure know how to work these devices, it just all makes sense to them. We didn't even have calculators back in my day. How does the world expect me to understand this techie stuff! :barnie :lol:

We live in the middle of nowhere so yes I understand the isolation part of it. Although I sometimes think it would be nice to have groceries delivered so I don't have to go get them myself. :gig Kids sure know how to work these devices, it just all makes sense to them. We didn't even have calculators back in my day. How does the world expect me to understand this techie stuff! :barnie :lol:
Your doing it though 👍👍. I am glad also because I read a lot of your posts and the knowledge that the mature members have and experience is greatly appreciated and helpful to novices like myself. Happy you are here 😊

Your doing it though 👍👍. I am glad also because I read a lot of your posts and the knowledge that the mature members have and experience is greatly appreciated and helpful to novices like myself. Happy you are here 😊
Oh thank you! :hugs Hang out here long enough and you will be an old pro at things too. SO much knowledge packed into BYC. :)

Oh thank you! :hugs Hang out here long enough and you will be an old pro at things too. SO much knowledge packed into BYC. :)
I hope so I plan on keeping chickens for well...for forever now lol. Obviously things change but I have been requested by my little children (9 and 10) to always have them 😊. My daughter is obsessed with Ayam Cemani and Silkies....my son just likes the cockerels because they look cool 😎 lol

I hope so I plan on keeping chickens for well...for forever now lol. Obviously things change but I have been requested by my little children (9 and 10) to always have them 😊. My daughter is obsessed with Ayam Cemani and Silkies....my son just likes the cockerels because they look cool 😎 lol
Once you keep chickens, there's no turning back, you are a chicken lover for ever. :D Great that you've got the kiddos involved, gets them on a good path in life! Silkies are such a fun breed, and Ayam Cemanis are gorgeous! Definitely on my gotta have list!

Once you keep chickens, there's no turning back, you are a chicken lover for ever. :D Great that you've got the kiddos involved, gets them on a good path in life! Silkies are such a fun breed, and Ayam Cemanis are gorgeous! Definitely on my gotta have list!
Yeah have a local breeder who has them but just spoke to him yesterday about holding off for a bit. I am rehoming 3 comets (the 3 B's as they are now known..oiy!) So next spring I am gonna get 1 or 2 and he has silver laced and golden laced Orpingtons so I am gonna get 1 of each to raise up. By the my young flock will be fully established and hopefully weather their first winter successfully. Future thoughts of course...so many good ideas for the future 🥰

Yeah have a local breeder who has them but just spoke to him yesterday about holding off for a bit. I am rehoming 3 comets (the 3 B's as they are now known..oiy!) So next spring I am gonna get 1 or 2 and he has silver laced and golden laced Orpingtons so I am gonna get 1 of each to raise up. By the my young flock will be fully established and hopefully weather their first winter successfully. Future thoughts of course...so many good ideas for the future 🥰
Wonderful plans ahead for you! I am putting off several breeds until next year too, I have so many on list of gotta haves, it's crazy. :D

Oiy with chicken math too...wanted a small flock of 10-12 1 rooster and 10-11 hens...I currently have 19 with 4 cockerels and 15 pullets 😂
I had never heard of such a thing as chicken math, started out with a tiny prefab coop. But then had to build a monster coop to accommodate the chicken math. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom